Would you do it over again?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yaah said:
I'm crazy that I never chose those options! Screw pathology!

That's the attitude.

Members don't see this ad.

Niche type jobs seem to be the way of professionals. It has started in medicine but is progressing slower than for other fields (thankfully).

Gone will be the days of undergrad to advanced degree to job directly related to that degree. Much less landing a career job and more of 'creating or crafting' your own professional self.

Really!

Imagine being Ernie els or Phil Mickelson.

I don't know, even Phil says that he might have to give up professional golf because he's paying 61% of his earnings in taxes. Even guys who have seem it all complain about their jobs. With that said, I'd switch places with him in a second, if only to be married to Amy Mickelson.:naughty:

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know, even Phil says that he might have to give up professional golf because he's paying 61% of his earnings in taxes. Even guys who have seem it all complain about their jobs. With that said, I'd switch places with him in a second, if only to be married to Amy Mickelson.:naughty:

No he said he might have to move from California to avoid their punitive income tax.

intellectually challenging speaking....Path is AWESOME (absolutely NO offense to ANY other specialty). Practically speaking....Primary care....IM with fellowship, maybe...depends on what ACA has in store. Though, it seems like Path had a questionable future even before Ocare....Now, with full implementation.....errrrrrrr..... : \

Listen people. Under no circumstances should you go into pathology. The guillotine s dropping and there is no hope. I assumes Would have 10-20 good years, but it is over in basically two.

Listen people. Under no circumstances should you go into pathology. The guillotine s dropping and there is no hope. I assumes Would have 10-20 good years, but it is over in basically two.

Pathstudent,

Where are you in training/practice? If you could go back--what field would you pick other than Pathology? I assume that you will stay on the Path track; what are your plans for the future?

thanx
:cool:

As a US med student with pretty good board scores and a huge interest in the field, posts like this are really pushing me away from path. Are things really that bad?

As a US med student with pretty good board scores and a huge interest in the field, posts like this are really pushing me away from path. Are things really that bad?

What have the residents/fellows at your institution told you?

The guillotine is dropping on me. Things will probably be stable when you enter.

The guillotine is basically dropping on everyone in medicine. Rads, cardiology, rad onc, any specialty that was making a lot of money. Urology has a big bullseye on it now that all this GAO stuff came out. Basically, nothing in medicine that makes large amounts of revenue is immune.

I am coming out of training now, and although the market looks tight, I have absolutely no regrets. I'm an american grad, trained at a good place, did one competitive fellowship. I couldn't see myself doing anything else in medicine, I enjoy the work, and I will probably have most of my nights and weekends off in whatever job I end up in. I was never a business or engineering type, and although I'm a decent musician, I probably wouldn't have become a rock star.

I won't make the 1M+ people in my field have gotten in a bygone era, but I saw the writing on the wall the whole time, and I've been reading the doom and gloom here since I was a med student trying to figure out what path is about. You just have to take it into proper context. To all the med students out there, Talk to actual people in the field who aren't internet rabble or conservative megalomaniacal caricatures if you can. It will balance things out.

Last edited:
Talk to actual people in the field who aren't internet rabble or conservative megalomaniacal caricatures if you can. It will balance things out.

:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
The guillotine is basically dropping on everyone in medicine. Rads, cardiology, rad onc, any specialty that was making a lot of money. Urology has a big bullseye on it know what all this GAO stuff came out. Basically, nothing in medicine that makes large amounts of revenue is immune.

I am coming out of training now, and although the market looks tight, I have absolutely no regrets. I'm an american grad, trained at a good place, did one competitive fellowship. I couldn't see myself doing anything else in medicine, I enjoy the work, and I will probably have most of my nights and weekends off in whatever job I end up in. I was never a business or engineering type, and although I'm a decent musician, I probably wouldn't have become a rock star.

I won't make the 1M+ people in my field have gotten in a bygone era, but I saw the writing on the wall the whole time, and I've been reading the doom and gloom here since I was a med student trying to figure out what path is about. You just have to take it into proper context. To all the med students out there, Talk to actual people in the field who aren't internet rabble or conservative megalomaniacal caricatures if you can. It will balance things out.

Well said.

The guillotine is dropping on me. Things will probably be stable when you enter.

Things will be "stable" but likely at a very unsatisfactory level for the amount of work and responsibility you will have. But the others are largely correct. EVERYONE is getting hit. The other day one of our surgeons who does lots of bariatric surgery lamented that he is getting 15 cents on the dollar for it.

a gov't/military position would be a lot cushier and financially competetive given all the tax free pays, bonuses, etc. plus there is a great pension plan. also, no debt.

:lame:

Yeah. Not so much. Actually, it reminds me of a story once told about a fox and some grapes.

:lame:
this is hilarious. if anything, your past rhetoric has been indicative of a hunger for unattainable grapes and the subsequent annoying whining that follows.

What have the residents/fellows at your institution told you?

The ones that I have talked to are happy with their work and to be in the field. I haven't had many in depth discussions yet, but I'll be sure to pick everyone's brain during my elective rotation later this year.

No.

Like everything, there are challenges in pathology and in medicine. Significant challenges. Lots of things are happening that reduce autonomy and revenue. There is only so much that people can do to stem that tide. Cost cutting is the current fad in medicine - all medicine except maybe cosmetics. It is typically called "efficiency" or "cost savings" or something like that to make it sound better than what it is. This is true in every part of medicine. Part of this is because of the general economy and the desire to spend less of our national funds on keeping people healthy. There are many, many ways that medicine could get more efficient and practical but unfortunately the easiest options all revolve around paying consultants to tell you what to do and reducing the money that is spent. So that is what is happening. It makes people afraid of the future and what is going to happen to them and their way of life. This is nothing new. The internet makes it seem more new and more dramatic, however.

People on this site like to compare the worst of today to the best of yesterday, or the worst aspects of one field to the best aspects of another. There is very little honest and thorough discussion. It's rather like politics.

No one can predict with certainty (except, of course, for people on the internet) what is going to happen to pathology or medicine in 20-30 years. What is true currently is that quality institutions continue to respect and need their pathologists, and they treat them with respect and decency. We are compensated well for our time although we have fewer of the onerous and repetitive tasks that are proliferating in other fields. Lots of medicine is becoming more routine and automated, midlevels are assuming greater responsibility particularly for automated and more straightforward tasks. This is less true in pathology.

Some people say pathology will disappear in 20-30 years because technology will make it untenable. You could say that about any profession on earth, the question is are these fears realistic? I don't know. Like everything else, things will evolve gradually and so will pathologists and the field in general. The best ones will continue to make themselves valuable and indispensable.

Right now this is where someone quotes the last sentence and says that no one is valuable or indispensible when a few dollars of profit are at stake. This isn't always true. There are tradeoffs to everything. Lots of people in medicine value money above all, but not all do.

There are many, many pathology groups and practice situations out there that are rewarding and stimulating careers and will continue to be so for years. The best students and practitioners will always be wanted. From working in a group of excellent pathologists, I can tell you that hiring the wrong person can be a terrible decision - and that anyone who wants to pursue the career should not be discouraged if they are doing so for the right reasons.

As is often the case, yaah provides a voice of reason and moderation on here. To the US student, I would say to pursue path if you find the career interesting, moreso than other fields. The caveat I would add is that you should have some degree of geographic flexibility. If you MUST live in a specific city for whatever reason, pathology is riskier than more general fields as peds, IM, ob-gyn, or EM. This becomes even more true if you pursue a niche subspecialty of path such as forensic, blood banker, medical kidney, med micro, or a few others. This is what I tell med students I've met on both side of the border.

The ones that I have talked to are happy with their work and to be in the field. I haven't had many in depth discussions yet, but I'll be sure to pick everyone's brain during my elective rotation later this year.

Sounds like a good plan. I know I am being repetitive but for our specialty it is hard to overstate- you need geographic flexibility, and the more the better. I would be less than honest if I didn't tell you that in my opinion you'd probably be better off in a surgical or medical subspecialty. If pathology is what you really want it's better to be aware from the get-go of our supply/demand issues. You need to do more to make yourself sought after in our specialty.

The ability to attract great minds to the profession is strongly correlated to reimbursement and autonomy. When our profession loses reimbursement and is simultaneously flooded with warm bodies from irresponsible training programs who view residents as a revenue, we are in a race to the bottom. We have no leverage and many great groups will be replaced by corporate minions with reduced intelligence, profit motive, and skill. This appears to be not only consuming our field but many other fields of medicine. Path will be hit the hardest though as the level of saturation exceeds rads, cards, etc.

Very few groups can retain margins on many of these new schedules. Especially those of us who serve so many who do not pay, whether it be insurance or self pay.

Run Forest run!!!!

Med students (et al): yaah is indeed a voice of reason, honesty, and level-headedness. I wish we could vet members or posts on sdn to help newbies sort out the chaff.

Med students (et al): yaah is indeed a voice of reason, honesty, and level-headedness. I wish we could vet members or posts on sdn to help newbies sort out the chaff.

You don't even work in private practice. You are too distant from the real world of pathology to say anything.

Newbies need to go out and talk to as many paths as they can in private practice.

You don't even work in private practice. You are too distant from the real world of pathology to say anything.

Newbies need to go out and talk to as many paths as they can in private practice.

I do work in private practice. I would say its not as rosy as Yaah paints it out to be but not horribly gloomy either. Its somewhere in between. Nothing is ever fully guaranteed in any profession but other specialties might offer more choices as far as salary, relocation and flexibility. Our representative bodies (CAP) only make it much tougher to do business, with increasing regulations and increased costs, at the same time reimbursement for such testing is decreasing. Something has to give; can I fully recommend pathology to a bright, energetic and hardworking medical student without guilt? No, not without big reservations.

Not everyone is a brown noser like you. You are and were a puppet for the CAP and live in a false reality.

True, I don't work in private. I do know a lot of private practice pathologists in many areas of the country, and I try to make myself familiar with the challenges they face as best I can. But clearly that doesn't make me an expert regarding the business difficulties you guys in the private world face. I don't feel I have ever claimed to be.

The "real world" of pathology (in my view) is a world where a pathologist has a job, makes enough money to pay the bills and live comfortably, and enjoys going to work most days. That's my idea of a satisfying career at least, and that pretty much exactly describes my life in academics so far. Maybe it's not everyone's cup of tea, but it has been a viable and enjoyable career option for me.

I agree that newbies should talk to as many paths in private and academic and every other setting as possible, both to help them understand various practice and career paths and also for networking benefits. I think your point is excellent advice, and I have been telling residents for years to go out and do just that. That's one of the reasons I advocate involvement in CAP for residents; the majority of CAP members are private practice pathologists. Some of you may not agree with many of CAP's policies, but a CAP meeting or committee has been a good place (for me at least) to meet many private practice pathologists.

Not everyone is a brown noser like you. You are and were a puppet for the CAP and live in a false reality.

I encourage Dr. Gardner and other academia to do some research on how much money the CAP and ABP's ridiculous regulations/requirements costs in dollars and time and at what benefit.

All I see taxpayer funded research doing is 99% garbage that ends up increasing everyone's costs at zero to minimal benefit.

Of course we will never see this because the ABP, CAP, ASCP, and academia are all living on pork and their fees that they charge pathologists and hospitals.

We are getting blitzed on the revenue front while at the same time these burdensome agencies just increase their fees and regulations at negligible patient benefit. WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE?

I encourage Dr. Gardner and other academia to do some research on how much money the CAP and ABP's ridiculous regulations/requirements costs in dollars and time and at what benefit.

All I see taxpayer funded research doing is 99% garbage that ends up increasing everyone's costs at zero to minimal benefit.

Of course we will never see this because the ABP, CAP, ASCP, and academia are all living on pork and their fees that they charge pathologists and hospitals.

We are getting blitzed on the revenue front while at the same time these burdensome agencies just increase their fees and regulations at negligible patient benefit. WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE?

Sounds like we have a couple of folks with all the answers. Here's a handy link. I recommend sharing that knowledge and demonstrated extra energy with those who you feel need education.

Sounds like we have a couple of folks with all the answers. Here's a handy link. I recommend sharing that knowledge and demonstrated extra energy with those who you feel need education.

I have voiced my opinions to the CAP at their annual meeting and on their website but, shockingly, I might as well express those opinions to brick wall. I never claimed to have all of the answers, but I can certainly tell them what won't work (e.g. IHC validation)

http://www.captodayonline.com/cap-offers-comment-period-on-ihc-guideline/

I also see they offer that silly course/workshop in Ultrasound guided FNA. Why in the hell would they push for this? I wouldn't want a pathologist performing an image guided FNA on me or anyone in my family, and that's just being 100% honest (I'm obviously a pathologist). Why should the public expect anything less?

I have voiced my opinions to the CAP at their annual meeting and on their website but, shockingly, I might as well express those opinions to brick wall. I never claimed to have all of the answers, but I can certainly tell them what won't work (e.g. IHC validation)

I also see they offer that silly course/workshop in Ultrasound guided FNA. Why in the hell would they push for this? I wouldn't want a pathologist performing an image guided FNA on me or anyone in my family, and that's just being 100% honest (I'm obviously a pathologist). Why should the public expect anything less?

Pathology likely will have to go interventional to have much of a future. I kind of applaud them for their efforts with those FNA workshops. Nothing wrong with learning a new skill set and ways to make revenue. The days of sitting in an office hoping someone sends you some tissue aren't going to last forever. It's really just a matter of time before technology dramatically reduces the number of biopsies. I am already seeing technology like Cell-Visio in use in endoscopy. Doesnt take Einstein to realize technology like that will be high disruptive to pathology at some point.

As a graduate of the course and (in my former life, at least) an attending at a busy FNA clinic, I think the USFNA course was a nice effort by the CAP. Here's why:

1) USFNA is not at all difficult. It is well within the comfort zone of most people who do lots of FNA biopsies. Endocrinologists, ENTs, cardiologists, urologists, etc. are also not radiologists, but use image guidance for their procedures and it is not viewed as being outside their scope of practice.
2) USFNA improves patient care. It lets you sample multiple areas of a lesion, sample smaller lesions, and sample deeper-seated lesions in an outpatient setting. For practical reasons, pathologists are very well equipped to do these more quickly than radiologists since most of our clinics are essentially walk-in.
3) USFNA pays. Unbelievably, you get reimbursed more for using the US probe to guide the needle than you do for interpreting the FNA slide. Using ultrasound increases reimbursement by more than double for the entire procedure. Not sure why we are content to meekly cede these lucrative cases to radiologists when they are well within our technical capacity.

Anyway, I don't agree with everything CAP does but the USFNA course was OK, IMHO.

Last edited:
i can knock-out 25-30 88305 gi's (easy) in less time than that crap takes.

i can knock-out 25-30 88305 gi's (easy) in less time than that crap takes.
Yes-if you are one of the lucky few that still have a flood of 88305s flowing through the door to your practice and you are still able to make them pay with the reimbursement changes, then you're right.

But if you are somebody who does (or has to do) FNAs anyway, then adding ultrasound is a no-brainer if you can afford the equipment.

I do work in private practice. I would say its not as rosy as Yaah paints it out to be but not horribly gloomy either. Its somewhere in between. Nothing is ever fully guaranteed in any profession but other specialties might offer more choices as far as salary, relocation and flexibility. Our representative bodies (CAP) only make it much tougher to do business, with increasing regulations and increased costs, at the same time reimbursement for such testing is decreasing. Something has to give; can I fully recommend pathology to a bright, energetic and hardworking medical student without guilt? No, not without big reservations.

Well everyone has a different definition of rosy. I am not sure I would call it rosy either, but most of that is due to the uncertainty involved in health care politics and reimbursement.

Shoot, what can anyone recommend to a bright and hardworking medical student without guilt? Shouldn't you have big reservations about any potential career? I would think any sane person would. One should NEVER pick a career without doing full diligence and study into what your life might be like, what the environment is, and such. If someone recommend that I be an orthopod because the salary (currently) MIGHT be a bit higher and there are more job opportunities, for me this would be a terrible thing to pursue because I would simply dislike my career and daily work. And even if I could put up with it all in return for some sort of increased flexibility and autonomy (which is also debatable), who is to say orthopod salaries aren't going to plummet when reimbursement starts to crater due to either 1) increased competition in a free market or 2) slashed payments for medical devices, hardware, and surgical procedures?

What do you say to the graduating radiology residents now who are having the same job difficulties, when 5 years ago you guys who saying "go into radiology, go into radiology, the job market is 1000 times better blah blah blah." Well, people who picked it for the right reasons are probably pissed about it but will be fine. Those who picked it for the wrong reasons are regretting it.

Look, you guys can say whatever you want about the field, the fact remains that personally I got a job right out of fellowship in a great group where I have tons of autonomy, was treated as a partner from day 1, and am compensated very well, and in the exact place I want to live. Clearly this doesn't happen to everyone, and no one should obviously assume it is going to happen to them. I wish all groups were like mine but they aren't. I didn't assume it would happen to me, but it did. You can discount my experience if you like because it doesn't represent your simplistic worldview, or you can acknowledge that it exists. And I am far far from alone. Believe me, I know lots of people who had poor experiences with the job market. This sucks. I also know of quite a few poor pathologists who should not be practicing. This also sucks. It is not good for the field. A lot of the current trends are also bad for the field.

There is way, way too much unintelligent thinking on these forums. You guys spend way way too much time trying to prove to everyone else on here how you are so very right and anyone who disagrees with you is so very wrong/misinformed/naive/pollyanna/corrupted. (lol, sound like brigitte nielsen in rocky IV). The field suffers far more from the individuals who do nothing but slam it and actively work against it than it anyone else. Criticism is healthy. Flaws are never corrected or addressed without criticism. But criticism needs to take on more than pathetic, anonymous rants on internet forums where your supposed goals are do get intelligent people to become anesthesiologists or MBAs or something.

This is a rather pathetic slam, but typical of this forum of late. Typical because it is the usual, "You disagree with me therefore something about you or your career invalidates your response." Why does it invalidate your response? Because I say it does. Weak sauce.

If you guys are so unhappy with pathology as a career, then do us all a favor and get out. Go do something else since there are so many better options. If you have do go back and do some extra education or training, what's the problem with that since it's all so much better on the other side anyway? Leave the jobs to the people who should be doing them. Pathology would be better off and probably so would its reputation.

Well everyone has a different definition of rosy. I am not sure I would call it rosy either, but most of that is due to the uncertainty involved in health care politics and reimbursement.

Shoot, what can anyone recommend to a bright and hardworking medical student without guilt? Shouldn't you have big reservations about any potential career? I would think any sane person would. One should NEVER pick a career without doing full diligence and study into what your life might be like, what the environment is, and such. If someone recommend that I be an orthopod because the salary (currently) MIGHT be a bit higher and there are more job opportunities, for me this would be a terrible thing to pursue because I would simply dislike my career and daily work. And even if I could put up with it all in return for some sort of increased flexibility and autonomy (which is also debatable), who is to say orthopod salaries aren't going to plummet when reimbursement starts to crater due to either 1) increased competition in a free market or 2) slashed payments for medical devices, hardware, and surgical procedures?

What do you say to the graduating radiology residents now who are having the same job difficulties, when 5 years ago you guys who saying "go into radiology, go into radiology, the job market is 1000 times better blah blah blah." Well, people who picked it for the right reasons are probably pissed about it but will be fine. Those who picked it for the wrong reasons are regretting it.

Look, you guys can say whatever you want about the field, the fact remains that personally I got a job right out of fellowship in a great group where I have tons of autonomy, was treated as a partner from day 1, and am compensated very well, and in the exact place I want to live. Clearly this doesn't happen to everyone, and no one should obviously assume it is going to happen to them. I wish all groups were like mine but they aren't. I didn't assume it would happen to me, but it did. You can discount my experience if you like because it doesn't represent your simplistic worldview, or you can acknowledge that it exists. And I am far far from alone. Believe me, I know lots of people who had poor experiences with the job market. This sucks. I also know of quite a few poor pathologists who should not be practicing. This also sucks. It is not good for the field. A lot of the current trends are also bad for the field.

There is way, way too much unintelligent thinking on these forums. You guys spend way way too much time trying to prove to everyone else on here how you are so very right and anyone who disagrees with you is so very wrong/misinformed/naive/pollyanna/corrupted. (lol, sound like brigitte nielsen in rocky IV). The field suffers far more from the individuals who do nothing but slam it and actively work against it than it anyone else. Criticism is healthy. Flaws are never corrected or addressed without criticism. But criticism needs to take on more than pathetic, anonymous rants on internet forums where your supposed goals are do get intelligent people to become anesthesiologists or MBAs or something.

easy, don't get your feathers all flustered. ;)

Love my job, great autonomy, independent contracts with great reimbursement, and love my location five minutes from the beach. No fellowship(s) but great training with a high level of independent responsibilities as an upper level resident prepared me well (recently finished in 2010).

Like I just said, four years of AP/CP training and nothing else. With aggressive marketing and a great relationship with the physicians and pathologists in the area I was able to matriculate into a good position right out of residency and then turn that into an S-corp with three employees and four contracts that easily put me above the 75% of the MGMA salary survey while providing a generous salary for all of my employees (including an additional pathologist who will be a partner after two years).

So yes I would do it again and I feel comfortable moving in to the next phase even with the crappy reimbursement cuts that are on the horizon. It's still a much better prospect then the sh*ttty jobs I worked without my current credentials.

You can be sure that I will be doing all that can be done to prevent the proposed cuts from happening as I hope all of you are as well.

Pathologists aren't trained to observe the nuances in ultrasonography. Do you need a radiologist for all cases? Probably not. In the same vein, I'm sure we could train GI docs to recognize 90% of their own biopsies. Its not rocket science. I'm sure that weekend crash course in ultrasonography teaches you the basics, but are we really qualified in ultrasonography? Billing aside it has to be about more than the money. Isn't that why we are so upset with GI/Urology labs? They often do what's in the best interest of making money rather than what's best for patient care. As a cyto fellow I performed over 200 superficial FNAs which I feel we are more than qualififed to do. Ultrasonography is a different ballgame.

This is a rather pathetic slam, but typical of this forum of late. Typical because it is the usual, "You disagree with me therefore something about you or your career invalidates your response." Why does it invalidate your response? Because I say it does. Weak sauce.

Speaking from experience as I know who this person is. Not a shot in the dark.

Speaking from experience as I know who this person is. Not a shot in the dark.

If you really felt strongly about this,then you would identify yourself. It's bush league to directly insult somebody behind a keyboard. Although I seriously doubt that he would participate in an internet cat fight, you should at least afford him the opportunity to defend against your public statements. Otherwise, you should probably retract your comments because it's pretty low. If not you, then the moderator should...

It does piss you off to hear someone say "sort out the chaff", especially if they dont work in private practice and have no clue of the everyday struggles pathologists are going through. That comment is about as offensive as calling someone a brown-noser.

I really hope the webinar today lifts everyone's spirit up. We sure as hell could use it.

I can't listen to it cause I'm stuck in endo at that time. :soexcited:

I get a kick out of the CAP's mission to expand our job into things like using ultrasound. This is a nice Back door way of admitting we have too many pathologists with not enough to do. Another field for them to regulate/monetize. There is such a huge disconnect between these academics and people in the trenches it is sickening!

Anyone see that ABP has found a back door way to charge older pathologists for MOC? Good old CMS can just add a carrot for them!

Appealing anything to the CAP would be like telling the IRS they are out of control. You would pay more later with their scrutiny/audits/inspection. Thanks but no thanks.

It does piss you off to hear someone say "sort out the chaff", especially if they dont work in private practice and have no clue of the everyday struggles pathologists are going through. That comment is about as offensive as calling someone a brown-noser.

WEBB PINKERTON: That is a fair point and you are right. That was a rude comment on my part, and I'm sorry for insulting you or anyone else by it. I try to think before I type and speak, but it doesn't always happen.

veo1: It sounds as though we know each other in the real world, although I don't know who you are on here. If I have offended you by my brown nosing or anything else I've done online or offline, I'm sorry. I'm happy to hear you out and try to make it right, either over email or over a beer at a meeting. I'll buy. If you just dislike my personality (I'm admittedly an acquired taste) or that I have drunk the CAP kool-aid, I can completely understand and accept that.

WEBB PINKERTON: That is a fair point and you are right. That was a rude comment on my part, and I'm sorry for insulting you or anyone else by it. I try to think before I type and speak, but it doesn't always happen.

veo1: It sounds as though we know each other in the real world, although I don't know who you are on here. If I have offended you by my brown nosing or anything else I've done online or offline, I'm sorry. I'm happy to hear you out and try to make it right, either over email or over a beer at a meeting. I'll buy. If you just dislike my personality (I'm admittedly an acquired taste) or that I have drunk the CAP kool-aid, I can completely understand and accept that.

chill Zao. You have demonstrated that you are a "good guy/gal". You don't need any atnone
ment.

Well I don't know why anyone would brownnose me anyway, it makes no difference. I am just a forum mod, what am I going to do, ban people I dislike or something? There are no perks to be had by getting on my good sign. Sometimes I think people think forum mods have some sort of special power.

Well I don't know why anyone would brownnose me anyway, it makes no difference. I am just a forum mod, what am I going to do, ban people I dislike or something? There are no perks to be had by getting on my good sign. Sometimes I think people think forum mods have some sort of special power.

Suppression of free speech is essential to tyranny. Millions of Americans have died or been crippled fighting tyranny. We fundamentally disagree on whether there is an urgent need to drastically reduce pathology residency slots, but after that statement I just have to say- yaah, I love you man! :thumbup: