would you fill this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For dispensing 5FU, really? What schedule is it?

3 pages in, my bad, I forgot this was the 5FU thread and was another thread.

Members don't see this ad.

It is a controlled substance in MA. Just like every legend drug. So, it doesn't fall under DEA jurisdiction, but they would be happy to tip off the state CSA's enforcers.

To, what? 5FU is not federally controlled and the DEA has no jurisdiction. If you are afraid of the DEA when dispensing 5FU, you must poop yourself daily being afraid of everything... Without a doubt the silliest thing I have heard in a long time.

To, what? 5FU is not federally controlled and the DEA has no jurisdiction. If you are afraid of the DEA when dispensing 5FU, you must poop yourself daily being afraid of everything... Without a doubt the silliest thing I have heard in a long time.
The Massachusetts Controlled Substances Act mirrors the federal one. The major difference is that it applies to all non-OTC meds.

Members don't see this ad :)
The Massachusetts Controlled Substances Act mirrors the federal one. The major difference is that it applies to all non-OTC meds.

So, in MA, you can only fill any rx five times within six months? Weird, but if that is what it says. It still not a federal crime to violate the MA controlled substances act....

So, in MA, you can only fill any rx five times within six months? Weird, but if that is what it says. It still not a federal crime to violate the MA controlled substances act....
The refill limit is schedule-specific. Just like CII get no refills federally, but other schedules allow it. In this case, MA does not limit refills on CVI prescriptions. I agree, the whole thing is weird. But, all of the general controlled substance rules apply (e.g. "A prescription for a controlled substance to be valid shall be issued for a legitimate medical purpose by a practitioner acting in the usual course of his professional practice. The responsibility for the proper prescribing and dispensing of controlled substances shall be upon the prescribing practitioner, but a corresponding responsibility shall rest with the pharmacist who fills the prescription. "). So, every Zantac 300mg Rx in Massachusetts comes with a legally enforceable "corresponding responsibility".

The refill limit is schedule-specific. Just like CII get no refills federally, but other schedules allow it. In this case, MA does not limit refills on CVI prescriptions. I agree, the whole thing is weird. But, all of the general controlled substance rules apply (e.g. "A prescription for a controlled substance to be valid shall be issued for a legitimate medical purpose by a practitioner acting in the usual course of his professional practice. The responsibility for the proper prescribing and dispensing of controlled substances shall be upon the prescribing practitioner, but a corresponding responsibility shall rest with the pharmacist who fills the prescription. "). So, every Zantac 300mg Rx in Massachusetts comes with a legally enforceable "corresponding responsibility".

It's like that in every state. Without the refill limits and DEA # requirement, schedule 6 means nothing.