Would you have had any questions.......

Started by sdn1977
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sdn1977

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So.....I had an interesting rx presented this week....(I think I remember the details correctly🙁 )

Physician wrote:

Deodorized Tr Opium 10%
1ml po bid prn


Pt had previously been on Paregoric😛epto Bismol 1:1
1-2 tsp qid prn

Would you have had any questions or concerns? (note: one concern only would be applicable to those CA students who know our laws...can CA student give any input...???)

I'm not looking for a "right" answer.....just thoughts - this is a real rx situation which would be cause (& was) for discussion among pharmacists & prescribers....I'm just wondering if students would pick up on it.....
 
DTO is more potent than paregoric. Especially considering that the latter is also being mixed with bismuth...And if the pt isn't opioid tolerant they could OD right?

I guess I can thank my preceptor again for teaching me things. Assuming this is what you're looking for.
 
Not teaching per se .... or "pimping" I think they call it.....more like what we do in real life with each other as pharmacists.....talk about something that makes us uneasy.

so.....andy....tell me more....specifics.....
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad