WOW...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Xenophylia

Charles Darwin fan club president
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just saw a post of an ad for prn nursing help in Louisiana for the COVID19 crisis. They are paying NPs $180 an hour! Tell me- why would anyone go into pharmacy anymore????

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just saw a post of an ad for prn nursing help in Louisiana for the COVID19 crisis. They are paying NPs $180 an hour! Tell me- why would anyone go into pharmacy anymore????

So I don’t have to touch people

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
But in retail, you have to vaccinate!!!! Some of them made me feel dirty even through gloves! I would swab peoples' arms and the swab would come away filthy....always made me gag..... And the odors....

Members don't see this ad :)

Yeah -- to go into the COVID-19 rooms in New Orleans and deal with a literal warzone of death.

Reactions: 3 users
Yeah but you have to go to Louisiana, prob to some godforsaken rural outpost a la True Detective season 1

Don't even care. If i can make $180 an hour, i'll touch whoever, whereever i need to lol

PA's are also getting paid $30k a month in new york for their extra work.

Pharmacists on the other hand... gets paid regularly with less help (techs out due to "symptoms") and no protective gear. lol

Reactions: 1 users

Don't even care. If i can make $180 an hour, i'll touch whoever, whereever i need to lol

PA's are also getting paid $30k a month in new york for their extra work.

Pharmacists on the other hand... gets paid regularly with less help (techs out due to "symptoms") and no protective gear. lol

They have inflated pay for temporary relocation work for an airborne, potentially fatal, disease. I'm not surprised nor am I upset. Pharmacists have about as much risk as a grocery store cashier.

They have inflated pay for temporary relocation work for an airborne, potentially fatal, disease. I'm not surprised nor am I upset. Pharmacists have about as much risk as a grocery store cashier.
Eh... we work through flu "pandemic" every year lol we good.

Not worth it IMO.

I've seen postings for "crisis rates" for temp pharmacists ranging from $85-120/hr and they are hiring without interviews. Keep in mind, you're gonna be working in a Covid19 hot spot, hospitals where you're gonna see meat trucks storing dead bodies outside.

I've seen postings for "crisis rates" for temp pharmacists ranging from $85-120/hr and they are hiring without interviews. Keep in mind, you're gonna be working in a Covid19 hot spot, hospitals where you're gonna see meat trucks storing dead bodies outside.
Yeah... no... this isn't some third world country in Africa with ebola lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah... no... this isn't some third world country in Africa with ebola lol

Do you think the US is equipped to handle an extra 100k-200k died bodies in a short timeframe? Do you imagine that morgues have literally hundreds of thousands of extra racks for storage? It has nothing to do with third world vs first world. Do you think our status as a first world country means that our resources can’t be overwhelmed?

Actually even in normal times our morgues are not as good as you might imagine. Last Week Tonight had a good episode about it if you are interested.

Reactions: 3 users
Do you think the US is equipped to handle an extra 100k-200k died bodies in a short timeframe? Do you imagine that morgues have literally hundreds of thousands of extra racks for storage? It has nothing to do with third world vs first world. Do you think our status as a first world country means that our resources can’t be overwhelmed?

Actually even in normal times our morgues are not as good as you might imagine. Last Week Tonight had a good episode about it if you are interested.
I love how people are so adamant that EVERYTHING they claim will happen and somehow you're now an expert in everything. No, I do not know if we are able to handle extra 100k-200k bodies. But do you know for a fact that we will have THAT many bodies in a few months? This fear mongering has put some people on acid. Show me real evidence that we are putting truck load of bodies outside. Show me evidence that 200k will die in the near future. Take your time. I'll wait.

Reactions: 2 users

Giant bonfire of bodies?

No one has to know if their cremated grandparents are the ones in the urn do they?

• Haha
I haven't seen or heard anything about bodies being stored outside...

You must not follow the news then.

Reactions: 5 users
uhhhh, I don't want to be inappropriate here but if you are curious you can look around for these videos. They exist and they are currently being loaded...

You must not follow the news then.

"She declined to say how many bodies were currently stored in the facilities." haha okay.

Again, fear mongering. Sure if you have sudden increase in number of death in a concentrated place like NYC, you may need extra room for storage. They're not gonna bury someone right away after patients die haha I'm sure they'll be fine once they can start burying the dead. It still doesn't prove anything about 100k-200k people dying?

uhhhh, I don't want to be inappropriate here but if you are curious you can look around for these videos. They exist and they are currently being loaded...
uhhhh i'm sure it is... just like 9/11. There was a spike in number of deaths so doctors were treating patients outside of hospitals. Did that continue? no. It's not that serious. It's not the end of the world. Calm down.

"She declined to say how many bodies were currently stored in the facilities." haha okay.

Again, fear mongering. Sure if you have sudden increase in number of death in a concentrated place like NYC, you may need extra room for storage. They're not gonna bury someone right away after patients die haha I'm sure they'll be fine once they can start burying the dead. It still doesn't prove anything about 100k-200k people dying?

Wanna place a bet?

uhhhh i'm sure it is... just like 9/11. There was a spike in number of deaths so doctors were treating patients outside of hospitals. Did that continue? no. It's not that serious. It's not the end of the world. Calm down.
Calm down a little bit. But no, its not doctors treating patients outside. Its literally a truck that is there to load dead bodies.

They are paying $85/hr for temp pharmacists at a medical center on the east coast
Not enough, that's the same pay as any pharmacists get paid without benefits...

Do you want 2% death lotto?

Calm down a little bit. But no, its not doctors treating patients outside. Its literally a truck that is there to load dead bodies.
Yes.

1. Sudden increase in number of death.
2. Morgues are over saturated.
3. Dead bodies will eventually be buried.
4. Just like in any other infection, spread will slow.
5. Less people will die.
6. Things are back to normal.
7. People who panicked will claim they didn't lol @owlegrad

Last edited:
I love how people are so adamant that EVERYTHING they claim will happen and somehow you're now an expert in everything. No, I do not know if we are able to handle extra 100k-200k bodies. But do you know for a fact that we will have THAT many bodies in a few months? This fear mongering has put some people on acid. Show me real evidence that we are putting truck load of bodies outside. Show me evidence that 200k will die in the near future. Take your time. I'll wait.

You want evidence of something that will happen in the future? Yeah I can’t clear that impossible burden of proof. My ‘evidence’ is that the AG has estimated that there will be 100-200k deaths from COVID-19. Of course that could be wrong - it is an estimate about the future.

The bodies in trucks is ALREADY happening as has been demonstrated above.

I am not trying to fear monger. I am just pointing out you are uninformed and incorrect. It’s ok to admit you were wrong. The estimated number of deaths is from a reputable source and the bodies in trucks is already happening.

Reactions: 6 users
Wanna place a bet?
On 200k people dying due to coronavirus alone? sure lol

173,741 reported tested positive as of yesterday which means number of people who are actually infected is WAY higher than that.

3,433 have died. This is pretty accurate.

That's about 1-2% if you're going by the "government" numbers or muhc lower if you were to take "real" numbers which would be impossible. Hardly a pandemic in my opinion. If you take out the out liners that died from other diseases, the death rate should actually be lower but they're not reporting any of that so we can't really tell. One of my tech's friend's dad died from it last week. He had a heart attack but was infected with covid19. I believe they're still reporting this as death from covid19.

What is the time frame of 200k deaths? Given enough time, seasonal flu kills millions and literally everyone is going to be infected at one point.

COVID19 seems pretty close to this... 2009 swine flu pandemic - Wikipedia

"A follow-up study done in September 2010 showed that the risk of serious illness resulting from the 2009 H1N1 flu was no higher than that of the yearly seasonal flu.[13] For comparison, the WHO estimates that 250,000 to 500,000 people die of seasonal flu annually.[8] "

Last edited:
Who’s panicking? You were just wrong and are trying to back pedal.
Wrong about what? that I don't watch the news and didn't know there were trucks storing bodies outside? lol

Just because i don't agree with you, does not mean i'm back pedaling.

Is that what you're trying to do? prove me wrong on what I say? lol aww that's okay you don't need to do all that.

No, i was not wrong since i genuinely didn't know. Notice how I said, "I haven't seen or heard about..." What difference does that make though?

And yes, you sound panicked... it's okay calm down. We all gonna make it.

We should be panicking about our profession going down the toilet though. That, I would def panic about. Hell, I'm losing sleep over it.

Last edited:
So transparent. No one in this thread was panicking or sounded hysterical. You tried to make it seem like estimating 200k deaths and bodies being storied in trucks was fear mongering, third world country, blah blah blah. It’s not - it is actually spreading factual information. You asked for proof. Proof was provided so you switched to telling us to calm down. I actually am calm. Calm and informed. :p

Reactions: 7 users
Yes.

1. Sudden increase in number of death.
2. Morgues are over saturated.
3. Dead bodies will eventually be buried.
4. Just like in any other infection, spread will slow.
5. Less people will die.
6. Things are back to normal.
7. People who panicked will claim they didn't lol @owlegrad
I don't understand what you are trying to argue anymore. Are you telling me you don't believe those videos are real? Or are you trying to argue something else? Its really unclear...

So transparent. No one in this thread was panicking or sounded hysterical. You tried to make it seem like estimating 200k deaths and bodies being storied in trucks was fear mongering, third world country, blah blah blah. It’s not - it is actually spreading factual information. You asked for proof. Proof was provided so you switched to telling us to calm down. I actually am calm. Calm and informed. :p
Hmm who's us? I didn't designate anyone else except for you and that other dude I couldn't care less about lol No need to group everyone to attack me. Never doubted your informedness. Not hard being informed im sure if you just watch the news all day.

Factual you say? didn't you just admit that you don't have proof and these are all estimates? lol I'm confused.

Yes, this is fear mongering. Economy is crashing. The consequence of this will be much worse than it needs to be.

I don't understand what you are trying to argue anymore. Are you telling me you don't believe those videos are real? Or are you trying to argue something else? Its really unclear...
I'm telling you that you shouldn't panic since it's just temporary and that things will get back to normal soon.

I'm telling you that you shouldn't panic since it's just temporary and that things will get back to normal soon.
What are you talking about? Thats not what is being discussed here... Who said anything about panicking and wondering if life will ever go back to normal?
Seeing as how you replied with a laughing emoji, I seriously can't tell if you are here to just troll every body but those videos posted are real. Don't reply back with an argument about something totally unrelated again.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

3TObRuAs

Reactions: 6 users

There are quotes of 10k-20k a week out there.

- said most people who go into pharmacy.

Then they complain about how they aren't being recognized as "front-line healthcare workers" ‍and deserve PPE, hazard pay, remodeling of pharmacies and the whole shebang.

*Face palm*

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
They probably deserve the increase in pay.

With repeated close contact with Covid patients, they're most at risk of developing a high viral load due to repeated exposure. With an increase in viral load, the severity of the symptoms is more likely to increase. If they're that desperate for staffing, I can only imagine they're likely just as desperate for PPE, possibly further increasing the risk.

Reactions: 2 users

With repeated close contact with Covid patients, they're most at risk of developing a high viral load due to repeated exposure. With an increase in viral load, the severity of the symptoms is more likely to increase. If they're that desperate for staffing, I can only imagine they're likely just as desperate for PPE, possibly further increasing the risk.

Agreed. Even if you don't die, you can get permanent lung damage. No amount of pay is worth that.

Is viral load correlated with exposure? I thought high viral load was a result of virus replication within the host. Has viral load in CoVID patients been correlated to severity of symptoms?

Is viral load correlated with exposure? I thought high viral load was a result of virus replication within the host. Has viral load in CoVID patients been correlated to severity of symptoms?

Viral load is the amount that can get swabbed ie the amount in the nasal passages/throat. So it would stand to reason that exposure would increase viral load since it's exposed via the airways.

As for the correlation to severity of symptoms, I don't think there's any concrete studies about it. That's more of a guess, though the correlation has been made severity and other viruses like the flu and sars.

- said most people who go into pharmacy.

Then they complain about how they aren't being recognized as "front-line healthcare workers" ‍and deserve PPE, hazard pay, remodeling of pharmacies and the whole shebang.

*Face palm*

lol that's their problem, i'm def. not doing those "i can't stay home i'm a healthcare worker!" facebook profile photo frames!

• Haha
Viral load is the amount that can get swabbed ie the amount in the nasal passages/throat. So it would stand to reason that exposure would increase viral load since it's exposed via the airways.

As for the correlation to severity of symptoms, I don't think there's any concrete studies about it. That's more of a guess, though the correlation has been made severity and other viruses like the flu and sars.
I've heard others reference this as well, that's why I was asking. Maybe this is incorrect, but in my mind when you're showing symptoms, 99% of your viral load came from replication in your body. Someone is not breathing out 5000 virion and then those 5000 call your throat home. More likely a small amount, that then replicates and spreads. Similar to HIV, I don't think the initial dose you receive has much clinical impact so long as it exceeds the "infectious dose". It's almost like saying HIV patients who have LOTS of unprotected sex will have higher viral load. It doesn't make sense to me for something that's actively and rapidly replicating in host cells. Again, just my understanding virology, definitely by no means an expert.

Lots of contradiction regarding viral load and severity of symptoms. So far I've been unable to really find quality evidence. There's evidence of correlation in The Lancet from other corona viruses, but other studies from this pandemic show no correlation. Then again, some of that evidence comes from China, so your guess is as good as mine.

I've heard others reference this as well, that's why I was asking. Maybe this is incorrect, but in my mind when you're showing symptoms, 99% of your viral load came from replication in your body. Someone is not breathing out 5000 virion and then those 5000 call your throat home. More likely a small amount, that then replicates and spreads. Similar to HIV, I don't think the initial dose you receive has much clinical impact so long as it exceeds the "infectious dose". It's almost like saying HIV patients who have LOTS of unprotected sex will have higher viral load. It doesn't make sense to me for something that's actively and rapidly replicating in host cells. Again, just my understanding virology, definitely by no means an expert.

I think of it this way. The more times you're exposed to it (breathe it in), the more opportunities it affords the virus to replicate in your body. For example, the virus can infect one of the lobes in your lungs, but it can also infect other lobes upon repeat exposures leading a higher viral load.

Hmm who's us? I didn't designate anyone else except for you and that other dude I couldn't care less about lol No need to group everyone to attack me. Never doubted your informedness. Not hard being informed im sure if you just watch the news all day.

Factual you say? didn't you just admit that you don't have proof and these are all estimates? lol I'm confused.

Yes, this is fear mongering. Economy is crashing. The consequence of this will be much worse than it needs to be.

I want the economy to crash, and crash hard.

• Angry

We ain't seeing this type of pay anytime soon.

I'm calling pharmacy is a scam. Calling the forum poster too. They get just about the same amount of pay, less student loan, less schooling.