WREB CTP Results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dddental

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I think staying at home is driving me a little nuts. This question is for anyone taking WREB this year or anyone that has recently taken it can you please give me a time frame for from when you took CTP to how it was before you received your results. I'm passed 3 weeks and its driving me nuts cause I don't have much to focus on at the moment. How long did it take for you guys to get your result? Anyone in the same waiting game as me?

Members don't see this ad.

for me CTP took like 4-6 weeks, you will get an email notification to let you know result is up. as far as I know, unless you royally screw up, nobody fails CTP WREB. so rest assured you will pass.

Hey,

I think staying at home is driving me a little nuts. This question is for anyone taking WREB this year or anyone that has recently taken it can you please give me a time frame for from when you took CTP to how it was before you received your results. I'm passed 3 weeks and its driving me nuts cause I don't have much to focus on at the moment. How long did it take for you guys to get your result? Anyone in the same waiting game as me?

They do them in batches every 4 weeks. So you should find out v soon. Unless COVID has thrown a wrench in that too. But like the other guy said, its really hard to fail the CTP

Members don't see this ad :)
An rct done which was not needed is a Critical error...

An rct done which was not needed is a Critical error...

not really, any caries deep thats near pulp (1mm away from pulp) and with symptoms (throbbing pain, pain on biting) a rct is a very reasonable answers. and CTP will make this very clear.

yea dont tx plan RCT for an O caries with no radiographic evidence of near pulp caries

not really, any caries deep thats near pulp (1mm away from pulp) and with symptoms (throbbing pain, pain on biting) a rct is a very reasonable answers. and CTP will make this very clear.

yea dont tx plan RCT for an O caries with no radiographic evidence of near pulp caries
For me in findings they gave me pulp test normal
On #7 and wrote no pathologies.... in stress situation I did plan on rct for this tooth but later I realsise it was to trick me ,,,,,

For me in findings they gave me pulp test normal
On #7 and wrote no pathologies.... in stress situation I did plan on rct for this tooth but later I realsise it was to trick me ,,,,,

well if you already took the CTP and now having flash back and agonize over it - just let it go

there are the term called "elective endo" that you do RCT on teeth to test vital because in the future it may necrotize - though it is not the best practice but it will not kill the patient.

there is also a term called "asymptomatic irreversible pulpitis" with no pathology whatsoever - so the tooth test normal but with deep caries can still need RCT.

well if you already took the CTP and now having flash back and agonize over it - just let it go

there are the term called "elective endo" that you do RCT on teeth to test vital because in the future it may necrotize - though it is not the best practice but it will not kill the patient.

there is also a term called "asymptomatic irreversible pulpitis" with no pathology whatsoever - so the tooth test normal but with deep caries can still need RCT.

Thank you so much for your answer. I am stressed to know if overtreatment can fail you. On the radiograph and clinical the tooth was fine,,,, I just treated coz in that moment I thought why they even mention that tooth otherwise in the findings...

Thank you so much for your answer. I am stressed to know if overtreatment can fail you. On the radiograph and clinical the tooth was fine,,,, I just treated coz in that moment I thought why they even mention that tooth otherwise in the findings...

overtreatment is a negative point but the tooth may necrotize due to occlusion factor (not all teeth necrotize due to caries), so yes RCT may still be ok. in the real world there are many many grey area not all are black and white.

overtreatment is a negative point but the tooth may necrotize due to occlusion factor (not all teeth necrotize due to caries), so yes RCT may still be ok. in the real world there are many many grey area not all are black and white.

Thank you so much ..... much appreciated.ur answer has given me some hope to justify the rct which I have done ,,,, thank you so so much for your prompt replies.

Reactions: 1 user
do you fail if u write a wrong tooth number for the filling and wrong side lateral cross bite in hurry

Forgot a step in my calculation and accidentally Prescribed too much Amoxicillin (about triple amount) to a pedo patient but according to articles I’ve read will not kill the patient and high doses as such are actually used to treat some severe diseases. Would this be a critical error?

Forgot a step in my calculation and accidentally Prescribed too much Amoxicillin (about triple amount) to a pedo patient but according to articles I’ve read will not kill the patient and high doses as such are actually used to treat some severe diseases. Would this be a critical error?
I don't think so.

Either way what's done is done, try not to think too much about it!

Did you fail for prescribing triple the amount?

I didn’t write a patient had a penicillin allergy in treatment modifications because I hadn’t seen it and I was a bit confused by the format but when writing the antibiotic I made sure to write for clinda. Should I be worried?

Can someone fail if a couple of follow up questions were left unanswered due to lack of time??