WREB endo radiographs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Question for those that have used the Acadental ModuPro for WREB endo. Last year I used the Columbia typodont, and don't recall having this problem...

For both of my endo teeth, the mesial/distal radiographs are obscured around the apex by what appears to be the plastic of the sextant and who knows what else. This isn't a problem on the facial/lingual views--those views are crystal clear from the apex and clearly show greater than 5mm of apex putty. My radiographs appear almost identical to the ones in the WREB Candidate Guide, including the strange opacities due to the typodont.

Should I worry about those M/D views? I don't see how anybody using the Acadental typodont couldn't have radiographs similar to mine, and therefore I'm assuming the WREB won't care much about them, especially since the F/L radiographs are so clear and there is tons of putty at the apex. Does anybody using the Acadental system know what I'm talking about? They look similar to these:

Members don't see this ad.

Your xray look fine. I would try different exposure to get a lighter burn out on the cervical. I spent one morning to take just the perfect xray.

your x-ray look good. My endo teeth had putty from the bottom of the hole to almost 1/2 of the root and I still couldn't see crap on M/D x-ray. As long as your F/L xray shows a clear putty line, you will be ok. Why don't you use upper 3rd molar with 3 separate roots ? Larger pulp chamber and canals will save you tons of time and the final fill will look nicer on the x-ray.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, my pre-op xrays looked exactly like yours did (so did everyone else's at my school that took WREB). I was still able to perfectly see that I was 3mm short :p. Good luck in AZ!

Hey guys I am about to take the WREB exam. I have a question, What do u guys think about the pre-med in patients with rheumatic fever history and heart murmur? according to the American Heart Association there is no need for this kind of patients except when they have a damage valve that has been reported from the physician. Before all those pt. need pre-med ?????
WREB accept the new AHA protocol

Thanks