wreb or crdts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sheochiang

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
wondering which one is easier? where to get training for either of them?

Members don't see this ad.

sheochiang said:
wondering which one is easier? where to get training for either of them?

I vote for WREB is the easiest licensure exam out there! I haven't taken it yet, I'll take it in first week of April, but based on requirements, WREB has to be the easiest!

Where to get training? How about at your dental school during your dental education!

i,m a dentist from india trying for minnesota license and therefore want to be well prepared for wreb. i'm aware of duggan institute but do some colleges also have some kind of training instructors.

sheochiang said:
i,m a dentist from india trying for minnesota license and therefore want to be well prepared for wreb. i'm aware of duggan institute but do some colleges also have some kind of training instructors.

As far as I am aware UCLA has/had a program for people taking CA bench exam. Go to UCLA website and look for it. Good luck,

rahmed

Members don't see this ad :)
I think the wreb is easier than crdts. i also think the wreb is going to be around for some time but the crdts may disappear because of the new ADEX exam.
As far as training I dont think you really need any specialized courses.
If you do wanna prepare yourself better I suggest you read the exam manual carefully, they pretty much tell you what the criteria for passing each section are. Also if you haven't cut teeth in a while, you can buy a compressor ( any compressor will do, doesnt have to be the expensive dental one) and a handpiece , have them hooked up by any dental tech and practise on plastic or natural teeth all in the conveniece of ur home.
The duggan courses are very expensive and geared more towards the CA bench exam which is a much harder exam than any licensure exam out there.
Also make sure you have reliable patients for your exam (preferably friends or family) so they will show up for you.
Good luck.

Dentoman said:
I think the wreb is easier than crdts. i also think the wreb is going to be around for some time but the crdts may disappear because of the new ADEX exam.
As far as training I dont think you really need any specialized courses.
If you do wanna prepare yourself better I suggest you read the exam manual carefully, they pretty much tell you what the criteria for passing each section are. Also if you haven't cut teeth in a while, you can buy a compressor ( any compressor will do, doesnt have to be the expensive dental one) and a handpiece , have them hooked up by any dental tech and practise on plastic or natural teeth all in the conveniece of ur home.
The duggan courses are very expensive and geared more towards the CA bench exam which is a much harder exam than any licensure exam out there.
Also make sure you have reliable patients for your exam (preferably friends or family) so they will show up for you.
Good luck.

Thanks all of you for replying.Also which one would you vote for keeping in mind that I'm a foreign trained dentist:DUGGANS COURSE OR THE UCLA COURSE FOR WREB?

sheochiang said:
Thanks all of you for replying.Also which one would you vote for keeping in mind that I'm a foreign trained dentist:DUGGANS COURSE OR THE UCLA COURSE FOR WREB?
I graduated from UCLA. UCLA faculty do not have sufficient knowledge regarding wreb because they've never offered that exam at UCLA. As a matter of fact, this is the first year that they will be offering the wreb. I would go where they have extensive knowledge with wreb.

Im taking the WREB in Indy on April 7th. Does anyone know if the examiners grade difficultly? Also does anyone know what to study for on the computer portion of the exam? Also...do we need a certifcate of CPR training prior to teh examination?