Wreb Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentwiz

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi

On my class 2 patient, the tooth I am planning to work on is not perfectly aligned. It is slightly rotated.
Would you advice working on such a tooth?
How would you communicate this with the examiners?

Has any one heard of this situation before??

Members don't see this ad.

is there a contact; check the occlusal contact, and adjacent contact.
if the adjacent contact is not in the IDEAL position, note to the examiners that that tooth is rotated and after restoration the contact wouldn't be in an ideal location. The main thing is that check to see if you occlusal, and adjacent contacts
let me know

the tooth has both occlusal and proximal contact.

BUT the proximal contact is not in ideal position.

Do you think that even if I do a perfect prep, i will get points deducted because the prep outline will not be ideal??

no, You will not, however, in your paper, before sending the patient to the scoring area, write down:
due to rotation of the tooth, the contact ( m or d or whatever) will not be in an ideal position
that is all
For example:
tooth number # is rotated distally and and due to the rotation, the contact ( D or M) would n't be in an ideal position after restoration.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey prosthoman, thanks for your answer...are you sure about what you are saying...has anyone experienced about this exam told you about that...because i do not want to take any chances.
Also when will you send in a note to the examiners...when u send the patient for approval or during the prep grading??

trust me, I have been there. I had a pt. with rotated premolar. before you send your patient to the examinors there is a space in your paper ( operative paper ) note to the examiners:
in that space just write something similar that I told you
I have done it in my second wreb exam and I passed with no point reducation. However, if you doubt it you can ask other, I gave you best of my information that I experienced, however, asking others would hurt.
good luck

Thanks buddy, you are nice guy...all the best to you for everything in life!

Thanks buddy, you are a nice guy...all the best to you for everything in life!

Hi, could somebody answer me, what is the average thickness of periodontal ligament: 0.05-0.09mm; 0.2-0.25mm; 1.0-1.5mm or 2.0-2.5mm? And what is the biologic width of dento-gingival junction: 0.69mm,0.97mm, or 2.04mm?
If your patient with good cl 2 caries, have occlusal restoration, is he going to be a good candidate for WREB? Thank you.:confused:

Hi, could somebody answer me, what is the average thickness of periodontal ligament: 0.05-0.09mm; 0.2-0.25mm; 1.0-1.5mm or 2.0-2.5mm? I am not sure about this one but I will find the answer

And what is the biologic width of dento-gingival junction: 0.69mm,0.97mm, or 2.04mm?
Biologic width is 2.04 and that breaks down to:
.97 mm junctional epithelium ( your answer)
1.7 mm connective tissue ( attached gingiva)

If your patient with good cl 2 caries, have occlusal restoration, is he going to be a good candidate for WREB? Thank you.:confused:

Depends if the occlusal is deep or not, you wouldn't know untill you open it. I wouldn't risk it unless you have a good backup

for biological width look at this image, it is nice
I hope i upload it right

Thank you very much Prosthoman! I think so too, don`t have to take risk with this patient. The image for biologic width didn`t come up. :thumbup:

I tried, if you want the image I can email it to you
please provide me with a good email address.
It is a nice and clear pic for biological width and its dimension

How should we prep for the csw pros and perio exam?
Are we supposed to go over the part 2 of the NDBE study materials again?

Thanks!

Hello! Did somebody has a good 1 upper premolar for endo part of the WREB, please let me know. PM me asap. Thank you.

Hi,
I have questions:(What is the ideal thickness of the final impression withen custom tray)
a. 1mm b. 2mm c.3mm d.4mm.
I think the correct answer is 3mm, because the ideal thickness of the impression by itself should be 2mm and 1mm for custom tray.
Question:the dental rest seat should be :a. high at marginal ridge and low sa approaches the center of the tooth or
b.should be 1.5 in height.which of these two choices is the correct, I think the a is the correct one?
Q: what is the amount of occlusal force by using three dental implants?
a.20N b.30N c.40N d.60N ,SINGLE TOOTH FORCE EQUAL TO 20N.?
Q:If you see foggy mental foreman by x ray, is it normal variation or error in technique, since both sided is not clear or is it due to disease like cementoma?

Hey dentwiz,
If I were you, I would also provide the cast on the tray for examiner to see. Make a nice cast (use die stone). In the note to the examiner write that tooth is rotated (please see cast). Just to make sure that it's real. They are experienced practitioner, they should know that the contact is light because the tooth is rotated. However, just to make sure that all goes right....in case examiners are sleepy when they check your restoration.
Good luck

Hi,
I have questionsWhat is the ideal thickness of the final impression withen custom tray)
a. 1mm b. 2mm c.3mm d.4mm.
I think the correct answer is 3mm, because the ideal thickness of the impression by itself should be 2mm and 1mm for custom tray.
Question:the dental rest seat should be :a. high at marginal ridge and low sa approaches the center of the tooth or
b.should be 1.5 in height.which of these two choices is the correct, I think the a is the correct one?
Q: what is the amount of occlusal force by using three dental implants?
a.20N b.30N c.40N d.60N ,SINGLE TOOTH FORCE EQUAL TO 20N.?
Q:If you see foggy mental foreman by x ray, is it normal variation or error in technique, since both sided is not clear or is it due to disease like cementoma?