Wreb Retakers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anteater831

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, for those who retook the wreb, what did u change? I got a pink slip for remin and fell by that. Did u retake it the moment you could or did you wait a few months? I took mine late march, and are debating whether to retake in june or wait til august or even later? I am class of 06.

How did you bring your confidence level back up? I felt like I passed when I first took it. For those out of school and don't have license yet, are you working a temp job? What are u doing?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, for those who retook the wreb, what did u change? I got a pink slip for remin and fell by that. Did u retake it the moment you could or did you wait a few months? I took mine late march, and are debating whether to retake in june or wait til august or even later? I am class of 06.

How did you bring your confidence level back up? I felt like I passed when I first took it. For those out of school and don't have license yet, are you working a temp job? What are u doing?

I am taking mine again next month. I have been out of school since last July. I have been assisting and working a part time job. It sucks. I am going to use a patient finding service for patients. Its expensive. I am greatful for credit cards! Anyway, not working sucks. I am going to take a private prep class for a day or two to get my confidence up. I hope it works out because it sucks being broke and unable to practice dentistry. At least we can take the WREB. Think of the people that did not make it through dental school. I have heard of people in worse situations than this.

I retook wreb in Ucla and passed . It was very difficult initially to accept the fact that I would have to go through all the crap again and get the confidence back but there is no other way out . I practiced a lot . I did not join any prep courses becos I think we all know the basics and just need to implement the knowledge during the exam .When I retook the exam , it was very stressful , I bought the patients from the service and made sure the lesions are minimal and straight forward but it happened to be a very deep , I had to take modifications . I had to decide between leaving some decay there becos it was getting close to the pulp OR remove every bit of it and be sure that I don't leave any decay behind. So , I took X rays for the patient during the procedure and went very slow. It helped ,I didn't get any pink slip. For my second operative patient , again I had to take modifications because of demineralization on the facial wall of the box . I had to really extend the box and it made my prep look very out of shape . I was worried that the examiner might give me less points for not making the ideal shape . So I wrote a note on the grading sheet telling the examiner that I had to take modification becos of demineralization and that's why the outline is off. I think that worked . You really have to communicate things to them otherwise they won't know.That was my experience . I think all you need to do is be sure you pick the right patient and practice a lot . Think before you ask for a modification and make sure you use the loupes to check every damn corner of your prep for any remaining decay. Also having a good assistant also helps. I can answer if you have any more questions. Good luck

Hi everyone, I have read in this forum of agencies for finding patients for the WREB, I am retaking the WREB for my second time and :scared: I am desperate looking for 2 class II. Any information, I would really appreciate it. Thanks
CANON

Members don't see this ad :)
dear doctors:
I hope you guys are doing great. Well, I feel how you feel, man that suck big time here is what I did in my second time.

1. I took my exam in the next available spot. because everything is fresh in your mind and who knows, they might change the rules and make it even more difficult.
2. I wrote a note to myself, where I went wrong and how I could prove it. That mentaly prepered me for my second time.

3. I found my own patients and didn't relay on any agancies.

4. here is more advices:
Do have a caries indicator, however, caries indicator would not tell you the dimineralization, wet and dry tooth to see if you see any dimineralizaiton
do the prep, stand up and have your assitant look at it again
have a good assistant ( I paid alot for assistant)
practice practice practice
good luck

Hi everyone, I have read in this forum of agencies for finding patients for the WREB, I am retaking the WREB for my second time and :scared: I am desperate looking for 2 class II. Any information, I would really appreciate it. Thanks
CANON

http://lulaudentalprepservices.com/

I used them this past weekend at USC. Lu is great, she is so nice, and does everything in her power to help you. The pts are IDEAL! All three were accepted no problems and they were all minimal.

The price tag is a little steep $6500. But if factor how much it costs to fly pts somewhere, put them up in a hotel, feed them, pay them, and then they might even cancel at the last minute. the money was definently worth it and made the boards much less stressful. I would recommend them to anyone. If you want more details PM me.

I used a patient services agency. It was great, and it is worth paying for getting good patients with ideal lesions. I highly recommond it. They really work with you to find good patients.
You can call Jay at 760-220-5755.

good luck. :)

Hi!
Where is jay located ?

Thanks
margaret

I used a patient services agency. It was great, and it is worth paying for getting good patients with ideal lesions. I highly recommond it. They really work with you to find good patients.
You can call Jay at 760-220-5755.

good luck. :)

HI everyone! This is my first time posting. I will also be re-taking WREB and freaking out too! I went to dental school in PA so its really stressful to find patients and either fly them from here to CA or find them in CA.

Why don't you take CA boards instead? What have you heard about it? I'm worried because the August slot is filled already and have to wait until Dec. to take WREB again.

Thanks for your input.