WREB Success and Failure write here please

Started by Prosthoman
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Prosthoman

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Those people who have taken the WREB please write your experience and Advice for those who will be taking it or were not Successuful in the first attempt.
I Fialed it once, and it wasn't a good experience. I left a decay in my amalgam prep and for that I lost alot of points.
 
I took it in April and passed with an 87. My best advice is plan ahead as much as you can. I got input on my patient selection from the faculty of the various departments. Also, use caries detect when prepping. Make absolutely sure there is nothing in the prep that is stained or decalcified (decalcified spots don't always stain well with caries detect). It is demoralizing after failing once. Don't give up. You can do it. They really are not out to trick you or make you fail.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I failed once and then passed the second time. Use Caries Indicator Dye. I had never used it until the exam and it is a life safer. the second time i had the tinest spot of decay left and would never have know if it werent for the dye. dont get any pink slips and you should be fine. Get as many points as possible on easy stuff like the written and perio. Definately have an assistant. Know the manual inside out. Thats it