Wright State acceptances statistics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ssa915

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm applying to wright state, among many other schools, and wanted to know if anyone here could give me thier stats (MCAT and GPA) for those of you who were accepted for the upcoming class of 2006? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

ssa915 said:

30R (8PS, 10VR, 12BS), 3.5 cum gpa, 3.35 sci gpa = pretty quick interview and acceptance. I am most likely going there! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
crys20 said:
30R (8PS, 10VR, 12BS), 3.5 cum gpa, 3.35 sci gpa = pretty quick interview and acceptance. I am most likely going there! :)

Hi crys20, I am in a similar situation as you, r.e. InState Ohio Student with acceptances at both MUO and WSU. Why do you think you would prefer WSU. I personally liked the feel at MUO, but still keeping open mind. What do you think?

-p

I am curious too, as I have to make a similar decision with wright,MUO, Ucin in the mix. Also a couple of out of state schools which I will withdraw from if I don't get any scholarships.

Freakedout said:
I am curious too, as I have to make a similar decision with wright,MUO, Ucin in the mix. Also a couple of out of state schools which I will withdraw from if I don't get any scholarships.

Hi Freakedout,
I saw you added U Cincy. That' my hometown and I 'm waiting to hear back from them (this Wednesday) post-interview! I think I will withdraw everywhere but OSU if I get in there. Did you not like it? Just curious, Thanks

-p

As far as general good feelings on interview day, WS won for me. The students I met were just so friendly and the day was just really great. I much, much prefer the Beavercreek/Fairborn location to Toledo although Toledo is much closer to my family (good and bad!). The match lists are similar but I would even admit that MUO's is slightly stronger but again I think the reps are pretty comparable with MUO being probably a little more well known. There is a definate primary care/community medicine feel at WS which you may like or dislike. I personally do like it. Another thing I really liked at Wright was the whole new millions of dollar buildings for the med school being built, the fact that lectures are audio streamed online and audio/video streamed from library computers, the testing is all computer/USMLE format and the pass rate was great as a result. The curriculums are in blocks at both schools so no big difference there.