Wristwatches

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
N

NeeMaBeeMa

Can someone recommend to me a certain brand and model wristwatch that would be suitable for the test (ie. no alarms)?

Members don't see this ad.

i picked up a watch at walmart... a "timex ironman" (or something like that) for about $30. the really good feature with this watch is that it does a countdown, so i'm able to set it up for 1hour:40minutes, 1:25, etc. :D

the only bad part is that it beeps, but one of my friends fixed that for me...

jaco said:
i picked up a watch at walmart... a "timex ironman" (or something like that) for about $30. the really good feature with this watch is that it does a countdown, so i'm able to set it up for 1hour:40minutes, 1:25, etc. :D

the only bad part is that it beeps, but one of my friends fixed that for me...

i got one for 5 bux at kmart.

u can turn off the beeping thing by:
1) unscrewing the back
2) scotch tape the back, so as to prevent the hinge from touching the back...u'll see what i mean.

WHO GOT DA KEEYZ TO MAH BEEMA??

Members don't see this ad :)
Instead of using a countdown timer, have you tried the simple stopwatch function? That way you'll definitely not have an alarm at the end without having to play McGyver.

what works for me is setting my analog watch to stop at 12:00 at the end of each section. This way, it's easier for me to see when i'm halfway though and so on... no subtracting involved.

I used one of those cheap electronic timers from Radio Shack. Like many other classmates at Kaplan, we disassembled them and cut the wire leading to the speaker, thus permanently putting them into "mute" mode. :)

I read somwhere no earplugs are allowed( its on that list of banned items on the website i think)

Earplugs are not allowed.

I got my watch for 10 bucks at target. I really like it (minus the fact that it is ugly).