General Admissions & OTCAS Write my own LOR?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jmoneyjones

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi hoping for some insight...
One of my old OT supervisors who agreed to signing off on my LOR has asked that I write it for her. Is this a bad idea?
Would that even work, I’m not sure how the OTCAS LOR is formatted
Is it just a normal LOR or a form asking specific questions regarding the candidate, etc? ahh
 
Last edited:
I went to an info session yesterday for a grad program and the admissions counselor said the OTCAS evaluation/LOR was a series of about 10(ish) questions that the person rates you on. There's then an option for the evaluator to upload a letter that they have written, but I don't believe it's required. Hopefully, that will be less time intensive for your supervisor and mean that you're not put in an awkward situation.
 
I went to an info session yesterday for a grad program and the admissions counselor said the OTCAS evaluation/LOR was a series of about 10(ish) questions that the person rates you on. There's then an option for the evaluator to upload a letter that they have written, but I don't believe it's required. Hopefully, that will be less time intensive for your supervisor and mean that you're not put in an awkward situation.

thank you, this helps clarify things a lot! 🙂
 
I wrote 2 of my LOR, one for a college professor and the other for an OT supervisor. I don't know how OTCAS is set up. I e-mailed the letters to the evaluators and as far as I know, they were able to submit them.