Writing papers/class presentations...normal?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yesssss

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, is there anyone attending a medical school that has coursework heavily relying on writing papers and/or conducting class presentations?
Is this a normal activity found in curriculum throughout a vast majority of medical schools or is my school acting rather unique (in regard to this form of learning)?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Presentations are normal. Papers are abnormal.

We had to write a few reflections related to volunteering projects, but that's it so far. I have had to do a few presentations though

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't had to do any presentations, but I wrote a brief paper first semester - like one page. That's it. We're required to keep a journal about our volunteer experiences but that isn't due til the end of this semester. I hate busy work, especially at a time when we are all stressing about boards and class. But I digress...

Very few presentations or papers at DMU. Usually only for classes like Ethics or other non-science/non-systems classes. I think I can only remember a few in the 1st 2 yrs.