Writing Rescore

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmacystudent2018

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
i wrote my PCAT last month & i got a 87 composite. But my writing score is a 2.5, i want to get it rechecked because i don’t think my essay was that bad!
Does anyone else have experience with getting a rescore?

Members don't see this ad.

i wrote my PCAT last month & i got a 87 composite. But my writing score is a 2.5, i want to get it rechecked because i don’t think my essay was that bad!
Does anyone else have experience with getting a rescore?

I also took the test last month. I'm not getting a rescore for the essay, but the mean was pretty low which was 2.81. I thought it was usually above 3 or maybe 4.

Hi @pharmacystudent2018! The vast majority (~98%) of writing scores fall within the 2-4.5 range. Remember that pharmacy schools don't weigh the essay score as heavily as the multiple choice, and especially science sections so try not to stress out about it too much. Unfortunately, it is not possible to rescore since grades are final.

Best of luck!

Hi @pharmacystudent2018! The vast majority (~98%) of writing scores fall within the 2-4.5 range. Remember that pharmacy schools don't weigh the essay score as heavily as the multiple choice, and especially science sections so try not to stress out about it too much. Unfortunately, it is not possible to rescore since grades are final.

Best of luck!

It is possible to get it rescored.