Writing Sample

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AUDPLEASE

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think that some schools require a writing sample along with the application. I was a science major in college, and I didn't need to write anything, except lab reports. I was planning on taking an English course at a local community college to get a writing sample, but now I'm not so sure if this is what admissions people are looking for. Help please! Thank you! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I think that some schools require a writing sample along with the application. I was a science major in college, and I didn't need to write anything, except lab reports. I was planning on taking an English course at a local community college to get a writing sample, but now I'm not so sure if this is what admissions people are looking for. Help please! Thank you! :)

Each school is different as far as the context of the writing sample: reports, intakes, diagnostic write-ups, etc. Have you taken any audiology prereqs or classes related to csd? If you haven't, I highly recommend taking an intro to communicative disorders/sciences class. I thought audiology was pretty cool until I had to sit in the booth and give hearing assessments. Email the school of interest and see what kind of writing sample they would like you to supplement.