Writing Sample

Started by AUDPLEASE
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

AUDPLEASE

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think that some schools require a writing sample along with the application. I was a science major in college, and I didn't need to write anything, except lab reports. I was planning on taking an English course at a local community college to get a writing sample, but now I'm not so sure if this is what admissions people are looking for. Help please! Thank you! 🙂
 
I think that some schools require a writing sample along with the application. I was a science major in college, and I didn't need to write anything, except lab reports. I was planning on taking an English course at a local community college to get a writing sample, but now I'm not so sure if this is what admissions people are looking for. Help please! Thank you! 🙂

Each school is different as far as the context of the writing sample: reports, intakes, diagnostic write-ups, etc. Have you taken any audiology prereqs or classes related to csd? If you haven't, I highly recommend taking an intro to communicative disorders/sciences class. I thought audiology was pretty cool until I had to sit in the booth and give hearing assessments. Email the school of interest and see what kind of writing sample they would like you to supplement.