Written questions during interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pinecat

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it acceptable to bring written questions into a derm interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you for answering my question. Some of the interviews, so far, have been fairly brief so I have walked out of some feeling as though I should have asked more questions. Is it proper to bring in a notepad to make notes or is that frowned upon, as well?

Members don't see this ad :)
I've seen other applicants walk in with briefcases and/or notepads so I don't think it would look completely out of place. I was more of a minimalist when it came to interviewing and preferred to carry nothing

I've seen other applicants walk in with briefcases and/or notepads so I don't think it would look completely out of place. I was more of a minimalist when it came to interviewing and preferred to carry nothing
Again, thank you so much for your advice. It's stressful enough going through the process. I would just like to minimize any unnecessary things that may be looked upon unfavorably. You have been a great source of information!

A lot of people carry portofolios, so you won't look out of place if you have one. It can be handy to jot down a few quick notes or to refresh yourself on specific questions you might have for people, but you shouldn't necessarily need it. I just wouldn't sit there are read off of it while you are in the room with someone though.

I've carried a portfolio to many interviews and never wrote anything. It's more for carrying around the materials the program gives you in the AM. IMO, carrying around the folder they give you all day without anything to conceal it just looks sloppy.

Goofus forgets a portfolio and just walks around all day wit his paper folder. Gallant is professional and remembers to bring a portfolio to hold his paper folder

Reactions: 1 users
I've carried a portfolio to many interviews and never wrote anything. It's more for carrying around the materials the program gives you in the AM. IMO, carrying around the folder they give you all day without anything to conceal it just looks sloppy.

Goofus forgets a portfolio and just walks around all day wit his paper folder. Gallant is professional and remembers to bring a portfolio to hold his paper folder

I'm really dating myself here but I vividly remember growing up and reading those :)

junejuly1959.jpg

Reactions: 3 users