Wrong end date for activity

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

THFStorm

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just realized after looking through my verified AMCAS application that one of my end dates for an activity is way off. I'm a non-trad, and I included a volunteer experience from undergrad that should range from 2011-2014. Somehow I missed it when looking over the application several times and it actually reads 2011-2018, so it looks like it was ongoing for much longer than it actually was. How should I approach rectifying this? Should I contact schools that I applied to, or just mention it if it is brought up in interviews?
I was told to flag Catalysik and Gonnif for possible answers! Thanks everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

I just realized after looking through my verified AMCAS application that one of my end dates for an activity is way off. I'm a non-trad, and I included a volunteer experience from undergrad that should range from 2011-2014. Somehow I missed it when looking over the application several times and it actually reads 2011-2018, so it looks like it was ongoing for much longer than it actually was. How should I approach rectifying this? Should I contact schools that I applied to, or just mention it if it is brought up in interviews?
I was told to flag Catalysik and Gonnif for possible answers!
I suggest that no sooner than July 1, about the time schools will receive verified applications from AMCAS, you should email each school with a short blurb, like "Due to my error, I need to correct my participation dates for [XXXX Volunteer Activity}, which should read 2011 to 2014. I apologize for my mistake and any inconvenience it may cause." Don't forget to include your AMCAS number.

BTW, @THFStorm when you want to tag someone with an Alert, you need to add a "@" symbol before the person's name while typing and before you post.

Reactions: 1 user
I always ask people why didnt you go thru the application with a fine toothcomb before submission but you do so later. My advice to all applicants is after you have proofed it 3x and each of your at least two proofreaders have done so, read the entire application, every word, every date, every character, every punctuation mark out loud in order to find any typos, mistakes, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
Im going on my 5th attempt and how it looks is in direct proportion to how much Rum I have drunk.
Since my advisor is finally seeing me tomorrow to check my App, I think I am ready to hit the send button.
Thankfully since I cant afford to continue to buy 1.75 L Bacardi bottles!

The Absolute Best Inexpensive Bottles Of Rum

Hello!, I just wanted to ask a question about one of my activities. I was looking back through my amcas activities and realized that I had put that I published a patent for a project with my team. A patent was actually issued for the design earlier this year, and I was reading that there is a huge differenve between saying it has been issued and saying published (which in retrospect I should have not used). Is it ok to send an update clarifying this? I have a link attached to the patent in the description, but one would have to scroll all the way down to see the date it was issued. @Catalystik

Hello!, I just wanted to ask a question about one of my activities. I was looking back through my amcas activities and realized that I had put that I published a patent for a project with my team. A patent was actually issued for the design earlier this year, and I was reading that there is a huge differenve between saying it has been issued and saying published (which in retrospect I should have not used). Is it ok to send an update clarifying this? I have a link attached to the patent in the description, but one would have to scroll all the way down to see the date it was issued. @Catalystik
Since the patent issue date is included in the materials you've included, I don't feel there's a rush to clarify. Why not wait until later in the cycle when you want to give a meaty update on several relevant components of your application.

Please refrain from bumping 3+ year old threads. To best obtain help, post in a recent thread if it is meant for general questions about a related topic or start a new thread to share your personal situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.