error in work/activities section - wrong date range resulted in incorrect calculation of hours.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sonnie2023

Reaction score
I used excel to calculate my hours by inserting the start/end dates, then having it calculate the amount of time & hours worked.

I just realized that I put the year wrong for a clinical work experience so it looks like I worked an extra year, grossly overestimating the hours. I copy and pasted directly from excel and somehow managed to miss this. A lot of my experiences have a ton of hours so I didn't notice it.

I want to be honest about this error but I don't know what to do. Most of my secondaries are submitted so I can't address it there.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
My understanding is that your only option if you'd like to correct the mistake is to email every single school individually informing them of the correction

Dear Admissions Officer,
I recently discovered an error in my AMCAS Work & Activities section. In my description of [job title] for [organization name] I listed the [start/or/end] date as [x] when it should have been [y]. This also resulted in an error in the number of hours worked which should have been listed as [N]. My apologies for any confusion this error has caused.
Sincerely,
sonnie2023

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Dear Admissions Officer,
I recently discovered an error in my AMCAS Work & Activities section. In my description of [job title] for [organization name] I listed the [start/or/end] date as [x] when it should have been [y]. This also resulted in an error in the number of hours worked which should have been listed as [N]. My apologies for any confusion this error has caused.
Sincerely,
sonnie2023
Thank you so very much! Do you think this will impact my chances of admission?

Last edited:
I had a similar error (wrong end date for one of my major activities). I've just been including the correct information in any "optional information" secondary essays or emailing/sending updates per each school's preference. Shouldn't be a big deal

Reactions: 1 user