WRONG GPA CALCULATED BY AMCAS?

Started by riley
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

riley

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,

I dont know if everyone knows that this is a problem, but my friend was looking at her post transmitted amcas printout and noticed that amcas calculated her gpa wrong! They added more units than what she actually took, so her gpa is lower than what it really is.

Just wanted to let everyone know, be sure to check if this has happened to you.
 
I had that same problem when I was filling out my app, but happened to notice it before submitting. It turned out that the program had not automatically converted my OT quarter units to semester hours in every case as it's supposed to do. So I had to go back in and check every class entry and make a lot of corrections. Once I'd done that, my GPA was correct.