Wrong Numbers in Secondary App, Should I Notify?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sboardclark

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently finished my secondaries so I went back and reviewed all of them. In one of the apps, I noticed a few errors in the numbers entered. Specifically, the app had 200 for the year my mom retired, when it should be 2004. Also, the app had 80 for hrs/wk I worked, when it should be 8. I'm not sure what happened, because I usually double check my application before I submit them. How should I explain this situation to the adcom? Should I even bring it up to them? Thank you for the help!! I'm worried my application to this school is done :(

Members don't see this ad.

Update them for the hours worked, but I wouldn't worry about saying your mom retired in the year 200 since they probably don't care much about that haha.

Reactions: 1 users
Update them for the hours worked, but I wouldn't worry about saying your mom retired in the year 200 since they probably don't care much about that haha.

Thanks for the help! I'm thinking they'll know that the 80 hrs/wk is a glaring mistake so they'll know regardless. Should I just not draw attention to it or would it be better to tell them?

Members don't see this ad :)
80 hrs/wk is within the realm of reason (unless you were a full-time student at the same time) so I would tell them, just to be safe. I wouldn't worry about pointing it out, typos happen and I'm sure it won't affect your chances.

Reactions: 1 user
80 hrs/wk is within the realm of reason (unless you were a full-time student at the same time) so I would tell them, just to be safe. I wouldn't worry about pointing it out, typos happen and I'm sure it won't affect your chances.

Sounds good, thank you so much for the help. It's nice to have a second opinion for this hectic process haha

This is why I refuse to look back at ANYTHING where I've already pressed "submit"!! Ignorance is bliss, my friend.:laugh:

I think they'll be able to figure out that your mother isn't over 1800 years old.

This is why I refuse to look back at ANYTHING where I've already pressed "submit"!! Ignorance is bliss, my friend.:laugh:

Haha yeah I got bored and didn't think it would be a big deal. Welp!

Should I just not mention the mistakes to them then?
You could email them saying you made some mistakes. The hours might be important, but your mother's retirement year won't make a difference.

You could email them saying you made some mistakes. The hours might be important, but your mother's retirement year won't make a difference.

Gotcha, thanks for the feedback. I'll try to email them!