Ws and application for cycle.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Did you apply for your cycle without a BA?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hello, I have 1 W already and I will probably have 2 or risk getting a C in a class.
My questions are the following:
Should I drop the class and get W, this will imply that I will be applying to podiatry school without a BA in biology to complete my BA in biology I will have to go back and finish. The class is an elective.

how bad W's look on a transcript, and not having a BA in biology by the time I apply. Will this make my application weaker?

Members don't see this ad.

Not having a BA at the time of application won't hurt your chances, imo. But, depending on your current GPA, I wonder how much a C will hurt you overall? If you have a fairly decent GPA right now, it might be worth it to take the C and graduate on time so you don't have to shell out extra $ and time next semester.

Fwiw, I had a few C's and W's on my transcript, and my application cycle turned out okay.

Not having a BA at the time of application won't hurt your chances, imo. But, depending on your current GPA, I wonder how much a C will hurt you overall? If you have a fairly decent GPA right now, it might be worth it to take the C and graduate on time so you don't have to shell out extra $ and time next semester.

Fwiw, I had a few C's and W's on my transcript, and my application cycle turned out okay.

do you mind telling me what was your GPA and mcat score please

Last edited by a moderator: