WSU C/O 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MixedAnimals77

Trash Panda C/O 2022
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen this thread posted yet, so here ya go.
Also a thread for USU&MSU as part of the WIMU program!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
First time IS applicant here. Does anyone know if WSU uses the VMCAS GPA, or do they have their own GPA calculation?

Members don't see this ad :)
First time IS applicant here. Does anyone know if WSU uses the VMCAS GPA, or do they have their own GPA calculation?
Last I knew they used the VMCAS GPA for cumulative and whatever qualifying courses for prereq/science GPA. The admissions committee has changed some in the last year or 2 so I definitely don't have the most up-to-date info. Maybe someone who's still on the didactics side and involved with ambassadors might know. Good luck!

First-time applicant OOS! Wasn't able to apply last year due to the GRE and I'm SO excited to be applying this year! Good luck everyone :)

Reactions: 1 user
Will interviews be in-person this year? If they are is there a way to request a virtual interview? I was hoping to participate in an internship in Alaska this winter and am not sure if and how I would get back to WA.

Will interviews be in-person this year? If they are is there a way to request a virtual interview? I was hoping to participate in an internship in Alaska this winter and am not sure if and how I would get back to WA.
I would say contact the school and ask them! The earlier you question it, the more flexible they may be!!!

Anyone know when we should expect to hear if we got an interview? :)

Hi all! 1st time OOS here. I emailed admissions to see if interviews were being held in person or virtual this year. They said that resident interviews (WA, ID, MT, UT) will be held in person and that non-residents will not be interviewed. Just wanted to share in case any other OOS applicants were, like me, expecting that they would interview non-residents! Here's hoping that pushes up the admissions notification date for non-residents!

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Hi all! Second time WICHE/OOS applicant. Good luck to everyone!
Hi all! 1st time OOS here. I emailed admissions to see if interviews were being held in person or virtual this year. They said that resident interviews (WA, ID, MT, UT) will be held in person and that non-residents will not be interviewed. Just wanted to share in case any other OOS applicants were, like me, expecting that they would interview non-residents! Here's hoping that pushes up the admissions notification date for non-residents!
Thanks for sharing. I was looking on the WSU DVM website and it says "December 20, 2021- All initial e-mail notifications have been distributed." I don't know what that means, but I thought I would share since it's a specific date that we can all look forward to. It also makes me wonder if they will implement the CASPER test or something similar instead of interviews this year.

Hi all! Second time WICHE/OOS applicant. Good luck to everyone!

Thanks for sharing. I was looking on the WSU DVM website and it says "December 20, 2021- All initial e-mail notifications have been distributed." I don't know what that means, but I thought I would share since it's a specific date that we can all look forward to. It also makes me wonder if they will implement the CASPER test or something similar instead of interviews this year.
For schools that wanted Casper tests, they were due with the application so I don’t see them implementing it now mid cycle

Members don't see this ad :)
For schools that wanted Casper tests, they were due with the application so I don’t see them implementing it now mid cycle
I didn't have to do it last cycle, but if I'm not wrong I thought there were a couple of schools (UF comes to mind) that implemented the CASPER in Dec or January last year. I don't know for sure though. I hope you're right though.

I didn't have to do it last cycle, but if I'm not wrong I thought there were a couple of schools (UF comes to mind) that implemented the CASPER in Dec or January last year. I don't know for sure though. I hope you're right though.
That could be but it seems weird cause to my knowledge the schools don’t get to actually see your responses, your responses get scored by people and the scores get sent. The only thing the schools see are that score and if they require or consider it the snapshot that’s optional depending on if schools want or use it or you just wanna practice

Just followed up with admissions, they said final decisions for non-residents will be distributed in December!

SAME i'm supposed to hear back from all my schools in Nov/Dec
I was looking again today to see when my other schools would start interview invites and that's how most are, but in December I could also hear if I get an early acceptance from LMU so I was already more stressed for December than the normal do I get an interview invite or not...

Oregon is doing the same thing in case others have applied there or are interested in knowing.

Anyone else get an interview invite yet? I received mine via email this week for an interview in late January.

Would love to connect with other WSU students and applicants, especially those who attended or plan on attending the USU campus first.

Last edited:
Anyone else get an interview invite yet? I received mine via email this week for an interview in late January.

Would love to connect with other WSU students and applicants, especially those who attended or plan on attending the USU campus first.
Congrats!! I’m surprised they are sending out interview invites so early!

Thanks, gmarshall. I was also suprised and did not expect to hear anything this early. Hope you get good news in December!

Congrats! Do you think they would say soon whether or not you've been denied for an interview? I'm from WA and haven't heard anything yet.

Congrats! Do you think they would say soon whether or not you've been denied for an interview? I'm from WA and haven't heard anything yet.
The interviews for the different states come at different times. I think WA interviews usually come the week of Thanksgiving? Or maybe the week after.

Just got my acceptance email!! OOS, from a WICHE partner state

Reactions: 8 users
Just got my acceptance email!! OOS, from a WICHE partner state
Congrats!! What state if you don’t mind me asking? And did you have to interview?

Congrats @cqs!! Does anyone know whether they usually send WICHE notifications first, or do all OOS hear at roughly the same time?

Does anyone know whether they usually send WICHE notifications first, or do all OOS hear at roughly the same time?
Last year I think there were a handful of WICHE acceptances in November, but the majority of OSS applicants (most WICHE applicants included) were informed of rejection or interview offer in the first week of December. Since they aren't doing interviews for OSS this year, I'm assuming the majority of OSS applicants will hear back around that time as well. Worst case we will not know until December 20th.

@gmarshall I reviewed the thread for the SDN WIMU 2025 applicant class and it actually looks like WICHE people found out a little sooner than non-WICHE applicants, but later than IS applicants.

Summary of what I got from reading last year's thread (someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong):
IS interview invites: Last week of November 2020
OSS-WICHE (Non-Resident Interview Invites): First week of December 2020
OOS Interview Invites: December 15-16, 2020

@gmarshall I reviewed the thread for the SDN WIMU 2025 applicant class and it actually looks like WICHE people found out a little sooner than non-WICHE applicants, but later than IS applicants.

Summary of what I got from reading last year's thread (someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong):
Thanks for digging! I’m surprised that they are informing some WICHE applicants so much earlier than everyone else.

Are there interviews for OOS non WICHE this year?

Any additional OOS WICHE decisions from anyone?
I've seen a few scattered acceptances this week so far.

Does anyone think WA resident interview invites will come out on Monday? It seems like last year they came out the Monday of the week of Thanksgiving.

I got an email saying that I was selected for the OSS waitlist and that I should expect a waitlist letter via snail mail soon.

I got an email saying that I was selected for the OSS waitlist and that I should expect a waitlist letter via snail mail soon.
Did they randomly email you this or had you asked for an update?

Did they randomly email you this or had you asked for an update?
It was a random email. I never emailed them. I did apply through a WICHE state initially, so I'm assuming that is why I might have heard before some of the other OSS.

It was a random email. I never emailed them. I did apply through a WICHE state initially, so I'm assuming that is why I might have heard before some of the other OSS.
Ahh okay I was frantically checking emails but maybe it’s something with WICHE 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

Has anyone from WA heard anything? The waiting is killing me!

I am OOS and just got an email asking if I would like to update my campus preference to Logan or keep it as Pullman or both with a preference for one

I am OOS and just got an email asking if I would like to update my campus preference to Logan or keep it as Pullman or both with a preference for one
Every time I see someone post that they heard from any school in any way I frantically check my emails. I don’t know if finding this site is a blessing or a curse 😂

Every time I see someone post that they heard from any school in any way I frantically check my emails. I don’t know if finding this site is a blessing or a curse 😂
Same here... I have never checked my spam folder so much in my life lol

Same here... I have never checked my spam folder so much in my life lol
It’s horrible! It’s nice to meet people going through the same process but wow it’s such a stressful thing as well….

• Care