WSU C/O 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Have you already been accepted?
I got the same email, have not been accepted (or rejected). I think it went out to all non-resident, non-WICHE applicants.

Members don't see this ad.

I got the same email, have not been accepted (or rejected). I think it went out to all non-resident, non-WICHE applicants.
I’m OOS and did not receive the email. But I remember selecting that I was open to both programs in my VMCAS application

Reactions: 1 user
I’m OOS and did not receive the email. But I remember selecting that I was open to both programs in my VMCAS application
Same for me! I’m 99% certain I already selected both programs (my mind tells me more chances to get in 🤷🏼‍♀️) but I have that 1% of doubt in my memory

Members don't see this ad :)
No I havent been accepted, it just asked if I wanted to change my campus preference. They gave me until Dec 3rd to respond so maybe they will send out official news after that. I already responded just to make things go faster.

Same for me! I’m 99% certain I already selected both programs (my mind tells me more chances to get in 🤷🏼‍♀️) but I have that 1% of doubt in my memory
I selected both programs as well but still got the email… maybe a mistake on their end? I got VMCAS to email me a copy of my application just to make sure I selected both😂

I selected both programs as well but still got the email… maybe a mistake on their end? I got VMCAS to email me a copy of my application just to make sure I selected both😂
Did you choose a preference for one? I can’t remember if we had to choose preferences or could just say either in general. Now I’m sad that I’m not getting an email 😞

the email says the check the selection you made in VMCAs originally so I think it was sent out even if you put both on ur app

Did you choose a preference for one? I can’t remember if we had to choose preferences or could just say either in general. Now I’m sad that I’m not getting an email 😞
Yes, I set my preference as Pullman for the opportunity to residency change!

the email says the check the selection you made in VMCAs originally so I think it was sent out even if you put both on ur app
Yes, I set my preference as Pullman for the opportunity to residency change!
I will frantically check my emails tonight and probably end up sad if i don’t get one. I told you this site is helpful yet stressful!!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I will frantically check my emails tonight and probably end up sad if i don’t get one. I told you this site is helpful yet stressful!!
Maybe they are sending them in waves so they don't get overwhelmed by responses!

• Hmm
I am OOS and just got an email asking if I would like to update my campus preference to Logan or keep it as Pullman or both with a preference for one
Are you a WICHE applicant? And what tier (I, II, or III) did you classify under when you applied to WSU if you don’t mind me asking?

Are you a WICHE applicant? And what tier (I, II, or III) did you classify under when you applied to WSU if you don’t mind me asking?
i’m not WICHE and i’d probably be tier 1

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone. I am a non-resident OOS applicant for this cycle. I got the email about switching up campuses and I want to know if anyone has any advice? I put preference for Pullman but really dont care where I end up. I did not realize that for OOS there is only 25 seats available for the Pullman campus and 10 seats available for the Logan campus. That is so low, I emailed back asking if I can be put down as no preference and they said I have to pick one or the other. I think I am going to keep the Pullman campus preference because it has more seats available for OOS and I am also able to establish residency after a year. However, they mentioned that if I changed my preference to Logan that I would be able to receive a 11,700$ tuition waver. Ugh really not sure, I actually had no idea how they had practically no seats for non-residents.

Hi everyone. I am a non-resident OOS applicant for this cycle. I got the email about switching up campuses and I want to know if anyone has any advice? I put preference for Pullman but really dont care where I end up. I did not realize that for OOS there is only 25 seats available for the Pullman campus and 10 seats available for the Logan campus. That is so low, I emailed back asking if I can be put down as no preference and they said I have to pick one or the other. I think I am going to keep the Pullman campus preference because it has more seats available for OOS and I am also able to establish residency after a year. However, they mentioned that if I changed my preference to Logan that I would be able to receive a 11,700$ tuition waver. Ugh really not sure, I actually had no idea how they had practically no seats for non-residents.
The number of seats for OOS is annoying (in general not just for WSU - honestly there needs to be no IS/OOS/contract seats). But j never heard about the $11,700 tuition waver. Definitely look into which option gives you a better financial footing (Pullman all 4 years and being able to establish residency or Logan and getting the tuition waver)

*Unless things have changed in the last 4 years from when I applied* The tuition waiver is a thing for Logan if you are OOS. TBH I'm not sure how that actually works out over the total of 4 years but I know you for sure get it while you are at UT, but unsure if it continues year 3&4 once you move to Pullman, but you will be paying OOS all 4 years. If you're admitted to the Pullman campus you can switch residency after year 1. For the Pullman campus, while there are ~25 seats most of those seats are for WICHE state students (regardless of sponsorship) and only~10 are for non WICHE, true OOS students. There are ~10 OOS seats available for Logan. Usually these numbers vary by ~5 seats. I know it's fairly complicated. LMK if there are lingering questions I can help clear up.

*Unless things have changed in the last 4 years from when I applied* The tuition waiver is a thing for Logan if you are OOS. TBH I'm not sure how that actually works out over the total of 4 years but I know you for sure get it while you are at UT, but unsure if it continues year 3&4 once you move to Pullman, but you will be paying OOS all 4 years. If you're admitted to the Pullman campus you can switch residency after year 1. For the Pullman campus, while there are ~25 seats most of those seats are for WICHE state students (regardless of sponsorship) and only~10 are for non WICHE, true OOS students. There are ~10 OOS seats available for Logan. Usually these numbers vary by ~5 seats. I know it's fairly complicated. LMK if there are lingering questions I can help clear up.
Do you know if it’s relatively easy to switch residency if admitted directly to Pullman? I’ve been looking at the registrar website but it’s kind of confusing.

Do you know if it’s relatively easy to switch residency if admitted directly to Pullman? I’ve been looking at the registrar website but it’s kind of confusing.
When I did it it was super easy. DL, voting, car registration, lease/owning a house. I think I had to list all the times I left the state of WA like to go back home for vacation. I know things change slightly from year to year so I would definitely talk to the registrars office though for specifics-KT or someone you're in contact with through the application cycle should be able to guide you to who you need to contact or ask your big once you've been assigned one

When I did it it was super easy. DL, voting, car registration, lease/owning a house. I think I had to list all the times I left the state of WA like to go back home for vacation. I know things change slightly from year to year so I would definitely talk to the registrars office though for specifics-KT or someone you're in contact with through the application cycle should be able to guide you to who you need to contact or ask your big once you've been assigned one
Cool thanks! That doesn’t sound so bad.

I wonder if we can expect IS interview invites next week? Since they've often been released around this time in previous cycles.

I'm an OOS applicant, does anyone know how the academic tiers are used in decision making? My GPA isn't the best, but I did make it into tier 1. Do they look at all those in a tier equally despite what their actual GPA is?

I'm an OOS applicant, does anyone know how the academic tiers are used in decision making? My GPA isn't the best, but I did make it into tier 1. Do they look at all those in a tier equally despite what their actual GPA is?
To add to this (sorry not an answer lol) I feel like the tier system probably applies to IS applicants mostly, since the OOS pool is probably a lot more competitive. Can anyone attest to this in addition to this question?

To add to this (sorry not an answer lol) I feel like the tier system probably applies to IS applicants mostly, since the OOS pool is probably a lot more competitive. Can anyone attest to this in addition to this question?
The tier system historically applies to everyone IS and OOS. However this year with them not doing OOS interviews I'm not sure how that impacts things as this is the first year without OOS interviews. There is also a new person in charge of applications so I am sure things are changing.

When I applied once you were in the tier and invited for the interview then your score was mainly based off of other factors of your application and interview. Again though someone new is in charge so while things are mostly the same I do know some things are changing some especially with regard to interviews being axed this year for OOS.

The tier system historically applies to everyone IS and OOS. However this year with them not doing OOS interviews I'm not sure how that impacts things as this is the first year without OOS interviews. There is also a new person in charge of applications so I am sure things are changing.

When I applied once you were in the tier and invited for the interview then your score was mainly based off of other factors of your application and interview. Again though someone new is in charge so while things are mostly the same I do know some things are changing some especially with regard to interviews being axed this year for OOS.
well that's slightly terrifying for us OOS applicants LOL

OOS received phone call with acceptance, and snail mail package this weekend.

Reactions: 5 users
I saw in previous messages you said you were a WICHE applicant. If you don't mind me asking, what specific state did you apply from?

I’m just curious- did they call out of nowhere or did they email you and ask a good time to call? I’m just curious for the schools that do calls like that

Just received an IS (WA) interview invite!

Reactions: 2 users
IS interview set for Jan 20th! Yay!

Just got my IS interview email invite less than a half hour ago! Gahh!!

Scheduled for the morning of January 19th in Pullman.

Congrats to all the IS applicants who are getting interviews!! :)

Freaking out because I’m OOS and didn’t get that email about choosing a campus preference. Do you think that means I’ve been rejected?

IS interview. Excited but nervous, WSU is my top pick. Anyone that's been through the interview before have any advice?

Freaking out because I’m OOS and didn’t get that email about choosing a campus preference. Do you think that means I’ve been rejected?
If your preference was already included both Pullman and Logan, they probably wouldn’t send you one. That’s just my guess though :/

IS interview. Excited but nervous, WSU is my top pick. Anyone that's been through the interview before have any advice?
I’ve been through the interview process with WSU in the past but was later waitlisted. There’s a section on SDN that has a list of questions that others have posted. The questions that they ask definitely range from scenario-based, ethical, and just random stuff (what books have you read lately? Etc.) I would use those questions to do mock interviews with my vet as well as my partner. This helped my confidence and it was nice to receive varied criticism from both a veterinarian and a “normie” haha.

Just be yourself and try not to worry too much! You got this :)

I’m OOS and not WHICHE, when should we expect decisions?

Anyone with some insight want to help me feel better? I was an IS applicant with a cum. GPA that put me just in WSU’s Tier One. Science GPA was just under 3.4. 1000s of clinical hours in SA private practice, hundreds of research hours (in the WSU vet school under one of their professors, who wrote me a LOR), hundreds of varied large/small animal hours, hundreds of varied extracurricular/leadership activity, and plenty of merit scholarships. I was also an Honors Student at WSU majoring in Animal Science and completing a thesis on Intra-Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection in horses. However, I was just rejected yesterday with not even an interview offered. I was not confident about being accepted but I felt I had a good chance at an interview and don’t understand where I went wrong. I am crushed.

Does anyone know when to expect a response for non-WICHE OOS applicants? I was told that we are usually some of the last to receive acceptances, I’m just trying to figure out when to expect any communication.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone with some insight want to help me feel better? I was an IS applicant with a cum. GPA that put me just in WSU’s Tier One. Science GPA was just under 3.4. 1000s of clinical hours in SA private practice, hundreds of research hours (in the WSU vet school under one of their professors, who wrote me a LOR), hundreds of varied large/small animal hours, hundreds of varied extracurricular/leadership activity, and plenty of merit scholarships. I was also an Honors Student at WSU majoring in Animal Science and completing a thesis on Intra-Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection in horses. However, I was just rejected yesterday with not even an interview offered. I was not confident about being accepted but I felt I had a good chance at an interview and don’t understand where I went wrong. I am crushed.
I’m sorry that’s so tough! I would email them and ask why. It could be that the applicants this year were really strong and had a science GPA >> 3.4. That stinks though it looks like you are a really well rounded applicant.

I'm sorry about that, it sounds like you have a lot of really good experience and are super well-rounded. I don't know if this helps, but I've been thinking about vet school apps with regards to decision making on the admissions side as similar to undergrad ones. You don't really know what they're looking for in a class because while they are looking for really well-rounded students, they might also be looking to round out their entire DVM population in a specific way. But as someone already suggested, I would reach out and see if they have any feedback for you. Good luck!

They had over 2,000 applicants this year 🤯

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users