WSU Elson S. Floyd COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

weanprednisone

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm also really excited for this med school to start up. I'm a WA resident and I think it's about time our state added another MD school to address primary care shortage in Eastern WA

Anyway, to answer your question, the LCME is doing a site visit to WSUSOM sometime this month and they will update is with news of accreditation soon. I recommend subscribing to the email list. Their mission is to address primary care maldistribution in the state and it doesn't appear as though they are doing UW's WWAMI thing so I would guess it'd be mostly instate

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 user
Any news from Washington State University Elson S. Floyd College of Medicine?
On their website, they seem to still be in the process of accreditation. I'm going to be in the 16-17 cycle, will they be available on the AMCAS by then?

https://medicine.wsu.edu/office-of-accreditation/
Do they have IS preference, or do OOS has a chance?

Thanks in advance, any insight is helpful.

It's too bad they weren't going to be up and running for this coming year, I would to have loved to apply there (did my undergrad there).

I imagine they will have a very strong IS bias with their mission aiming to train Washington state physicians to presumably fill the eastern WA physician void.