WUSTL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AtYourCervix

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone know if the wustl status check will display if you have been sent an interview invite or not?

thanks!
dukegirlie ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi...the Wash. U website does not reflect the interview status. I interviewed there last week (I think it was their first week) because I already had an interview at the SLU and wanted to combine them if possible. The admissions office at Wash. U was very accomodating.

Good luck...

Washu was interviewing back in September...Some dude I met at the SLU interview said he had come right from there and this was way back in mid september!! :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Scooby Doo:
•Washu was interviewing back in September...Some dude I met at the SLU interview said he had come right from there and this was way back in mid september!! :eek:
Scoobs, Don't know if that person was Md/Phd or just a special case, but I do know that the Assistant Dean of Admissions told my group on Oct 15th that we were the first group to be interviewed.

Hey baylor06- I interviewed with you on Oct. 15th- I agree everyone was really nice- have you heard anything yet- and were you able to find your way back to your friends house ? ;)

Dr. G

Trying to send you a private email, but you haven't enabled that option...email me so I don't clog up this thread. I think you've got me confused with someone else in our group that day.

Nope haven't heard anything, but I don't think the admissions committee meets until the first Friday in November.

Good luck!

I got a snail-mail invite from them yesterday, and all my status check says is something to the effect of 'it's complete'. Frickin invite came in a small envelope almost causing Trek to **** his pants. --Trek

The dude that Scooby met is me. :) My interview was a special case. They had only interviewed one other person at that point, I think.

Hey DocJ,

Yea, I was gonna post that the guy was from BYU and I didn't know if he knew about this board...glad to see you got into SLU...they weren't as nice to me...

So how did you manage to pull of getting interviewed so early? You must be the bomb! haha :p :p :p

Ahh, the infamous 'special case' !!

How can you put that in writing without explaining it to us!!! ;) :D

Not sure how regular MD admissions works at WUSTL, but for MD/PhD they notify you of acceptance/rejection/hold ONE WEEK after your interview.

It will be 2 weeks in my case (along with the other 6 guys who were with me) because the adcomm had this week off.

But I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Good luck to everyone.

Scooby: No, I'm not the bomb. My older bro is the bomb, and he happens to be a 4th year student at WUSTL. I was in town for the SLU interview, and he got the WUSTL interview set up. My stats are 3.97/33Q/double major in Mol. Bio and Russian. I'm not getting in to WUSTL with a 33.

Originally posted by DocJ:
•Scooby: No, I'm not the bomb. My older bro is the bomb, and he happens to be a 4th year student at WUSTL. I was in town for the SLU interview, and he got the WUSTL interview set up. My stats are 3.97/33Q/double major in Mol. Bio and Russian. I'm not getting in to WUSTL with a 33.•

I wouldnt be so sure about that docj.

I got an MSTP interview at WUSTL with only a 31 MCAT. Granted I havent been accepted yet, but they accept usually about 50-60% of all interviewees so I at least have a chance of acceptance. And thats for the MSTP program whose applicants tend to have higher MCATs than even the regular MD applicants at WUSTL.

Of course, I might get rejected but I think that if they gave me the interview it means that I at least have some kind of chance of acceptance. Dont be so hard on yourself, it can happen.

How long did it take for WashU to make interview decision after the app's been complete and verified? How did they send interview notice too? Rejected for Cornell MSTP I am getting impatient.