WUStL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

grasshopper

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry if this is obvious to everybody else, but . . .if I've already submitted AMCAS, can I just send in a printed to Washington along with their supplemental and certification thing (and letters), or do I need to have my official transcripts sent to them? I know it says you have to if you complete the online app in lieu of printed AMCAS, but--why in the world do they need official transcripts now?--and I'm not finding that requirement in my e-mail or on the site for the supplemental thing. Thanks! (Also, are people filling in the optional question? I don't really have anything to say, but I feel guilty leaving something blank that doesn't involve felony convictions . . .:)

GH

Members don't see this ad.

yeah washu asks for official transcripts, its in the instructions:

"You will need to have certified transcripts from all colleges and universities that you have attended
sent to our office. Please send these to:

Washington University School of Medicine
Office of Admissions
660 S. Euclid, Campus Box 8107
St. Louis, MO 63110-1093
"

that's off this page
http://applydirectmed.wustl.edu/admissions/applymedinfo.nsf/AboutDirect?OpenPage

about the optional I couldn't think of anything either. They ask: "Do you have unique experiences or obstacles you have overcome, that were not covered in your application about which you would like to inform our Admissions Committee"

I mean, sure I have unique experiences, but the way its worded it seems like some sort of extraordinary hardships, which I (fortunately) have not faced. I say don't stress it much, if I can think of anything in the next week or so I'll put it in, if not, then that's why it's optional. good luck

I e-mailed Wash U's office about sending transcripts, and they said that as long as I sent in a printout of my AMCAS app, there was no need to send in transcripts.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yippee! I just save $11! Thanks, hattenbw.

I second that. Wash U just emailed me and they said that as long as you have your printed app there's no need for OTs.