• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

*****WVSOM Class of 2009*****

EMTLizzy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 1, 2004
Manasquan, NJ
  1. Resident [Any Field]
    I was feeling left out of all the other "class of 2009" threads.

So, how many others have made that final decision to go to Lewisburg?

Any other out of staters (like me) feeling $3,000 lighter?

What are you planning to do for housing?

They were sending me a bunch of stuff for a while (physical form, med term book form), but now I'm feeling no love! They could at least send a card saying "Thanks for the $3,000. Just wanted you to know we haven't forgotten about you!" :laugh:

I'm really excited about going, though. It's almost all I can think about these days!

EMTLizzy

10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Aug 1, 2004
    Manasquan, NJ
    1. Resident [Any Field]
      Richie Truxillo said:
      Get those titers done before coming by the way :) Helps immensly to not have to do them during the semester! ;) And welcome (in advance) to L-town!

-Richie
      WVSOM PBLer, Class of 08'

Got titers done in September for work. I might go and get a new set done since, apparently, I have no immunity to chicken pox though I was immunized. I'm told I may never show immunity since I was vaccinated and didn't actually have "the pox".

Medical forms filled out
      Money sent

I think I'm ready!

About the Ads

JRiCe09

Janice Rice
      10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      Mar 21, 2005
      Bowling Green, OH
        EMTLizzy said:

They were sending me a bunch of stuff for a while (physical form, med term book form), but now I'm feeling no love! They could at least send a card saying "Thanks for the $3,000. Just wanted you to know we haven't forgotten about you!" :laugh:

I'm really excited about going, though. It's almost all I can think about these days!

I just got accepted today! Yes, 3,000 is a nice chunk to hold a seat! I am not sure what I'm doing for housing, although it might be nice (and cheaper) to have a roomie! Let me know if you are at all interested. Thanks!
        PS-maybe a dumb question, but what's titers? sorry! haha bye!

Bill_Brasky

To Bill Brasky!!!
        10+ Year Member
        Mar 13, 2005
        Ohio
        1. Resident [Any Field]
          It looks like the fates are guiding me towards a small town in WV for medical school, hurray! There is still a chance another school might knock on my door, but barring that, WVSOM has two grand of mine so far, so they better be happy to have me!

Anyone know where I can get a list of housing availabilities?

-Bill Brasky
          "I once saw him [Bill Brasky] scissor-kick Angela Lansbury!"

ktnguyen

10+ Year Member
          Apr 18, 2005
            EMTLizzy said:

I am going to interview at WVSOM this Thursday. I was wondering if you could give me some pointers or a heads up about your interview. I am interviewing with Dr. Jackson, Dr. Hunt, and Donna Varsey. How was the interview process?

turtlebebe

10+ Year Member
            5+ Year Member
            Jul 15, 2004
              ktnguyen said:
              I am going to interview at WVSOM this Thursday. I was wondering if you could give me some pointers or a heads up about your interview. I am interviewing with Dr. Jackson, Dr. Hunt, and Donna Varsey. How was the interview process?

Congratulations on your interview! The interview was very laid back...in fact, the best interview I had. Everyone is genuinely nice which makes you feel very welcomed. All the questions are pretty basic. Check out the interview feedback for WVSOM, those really help. When I interviewed there, we had breakfast at 7:00am. From there I was taken over to the school and there was a short presentation on PBL. Then we were pretty much free to look around the school while we each took turns going to our interviews. Later on, we went on a tour and then had lunch with a few first and second year students. Very nice and relaxing day. Good luck on Thursday!!

ktnguyen

10+ Year Member
              Apr 18, 2005
                turtlebebe said:
                Congratulations on your interview! The interview was very laid back...in fact, the best interview I had. Everyone is genuinely nice which makes you feel very welcomed. All the questions are pretty basic. Check out the interview feedback for WVSOM, those really help. When I interviewed there, we had breakfast at 7:00am. From there I was taken over to the school and there was a short presentation on PBL. Then we were pretty much free to look around the school while we each took turns going to our interviews. Later on, we went on a tour and then had lunch with a few first and second year students. Very nice and relaxing day. Good luck on Thursday!!

Thanks for the feedback! They have been really nice on the phone. Hopefully I will get to see you all in August!

rchrest1

7+ Year Member
                15+ Year Member
                Sep 11, 2002
                Lewisburg, WV
                  ktnguyen said:

Dr. Jackson is a microbiologist... I've never heard of Dr. Hunt. Might want to address the director of admissions as Donna "Varney" unless you want to get a funny look. It's an easy day... be yourself and see what happens.

About the Ads
                  This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                  7. This thread is locked.