-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
WVSOM Class of 2012!!!!!!!!!
Started by businessman
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
uhmmm I was the first interviewer for the graduating class of 2012 at WVSOM and we hear the results by tuesday afternoon/wednesday by noon. Were you early decision??
I was accepted from last years alternate list for this year.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Grats to you both 👍
Yay, count me in good sir.
Congrats DiverDoc!!!! Are you thinking PBL or SBL? I'm thinking PBL.
Congrats DiverDoc!!!! Are you thinking PBL or SBL? I'm thinking PBL.
Im definitely geared for SBL. Are you gonna apply for PBL or are you def. going that track?
weird, anybody know why my signature shows up on some posts, but not others?
Your sig appears once per page.
I interviewed last Wednesday also! I just found out that I got accepted today too!
And are you attending?
Congrats everyone! I just sent in the rest of my deposit. I applied for PBL but haven't heard anything yet. Anyone else?
Im doing SBL for sure.
Im definitely geared for SBL. Are you gonna apply for PBL or are you def. going that track?
I applied for the PBL but haven't heard back yet.
Congrats to everyone!!! MKendall did you get accepted from last years alternate list as well?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to everyone!!! MKendall did you get accepted from last years alternate list as well?
yeah I was on the alternate list too. We were so lucky to be accepted for 2008 without having to reapply, I couldn't believe the news when they told me!
yeah I was on the alternate list too. We were so lucky to be accepted for 2008 without having to reapply, I couldn't believe the news when they told me!
I couldn't believe it either. We are lucky not needing to reappy!
Hey guys congratulations on getting in! Enjoy your time before medical school. If you're thinking of PBL definitely do it. My buddies and I are all PBL students and we are currently sitting in our PBL room watching Halloween (and we have a huge anatomy exam on Tuesday)...see, medical school can be fun....

Hey guys congratulations on getting in! Enjoy your time before medical school. If you're thinking of PBL definitely do it. My buddies and I are all PBL students and we are currently sitting in our PBL room watching Halloween (and we have a huge anatomy exam on Tuesday)...see, medical school can be fun....![]()
Ah the good ole days 🙂 Miss them PBL rooms sometimes. If ya see Dr. M, tell him I rocked Step II and I'm on cruise control now. 8)
Is broomball still alive and well on Thursday evenings?
Hi guys,
We just finished a large CV test here. And, at the health center we did a Men's Health Screening. 😱
I had to stab my person repeatedly with the needles. I felt really sorry for the pt, but he was a cool dude.
Anyway,
I wish you guys the very very best!
We just finished a large CV test here. And, at the health center we did a Men's Health Screening. 😱
I had to stab my person repeatedly with the needles. I felt really sorry for the pt, but he was a cool dude.
Anyway,
I wish you guys the very very best!

MKendall, Good to see another Connecticutian (this is now a word) in the class of 2012. Where in Ct are you?
haha, I think I've actually used the word "Connecticutian" at some point... I'm in Norwich, right near Mohegan Sun. You?
Ah the good ole days 🙂 Miss them PBL rooms sometimes. If ya see Dr. M, tell him I rocked Step II and I'm on cruise control now. 8)
Is broomball still alive and well on Thursday evenings?
Rich, I sadly have to say that us 2nd yrs have let broomball fall by the way side🙁
Rich, I sadly have to say that us 2nd yrs have let broomball fall by the way side🙁
I see you are fooling around on SDN today.

For those who applied, has anyone heard back about PBL? I just sent in my application essay this morning.
I emailed Dr. M a week ago and he said the PBL committee will meet shortly to decide who is in.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I take it that if I dont apply Im already assumed to be SBL? Thats what I want anyways.
That's correct.
Hey Businessman, will I get any info on housing etc.. once I put my deposit in? I sent it in last week, it should be there by monday.
you should be able to access the local housing list through the check status page once they process your final deposit. you may have access already.
you should be able to access the local housing list through the check status page once they process your final deposit. you may have access already.
This was the case for me too. It's nice that WVSOM gives us a good start to finding a place to live. Is anyone thinking of buying? I'm still debating.
For those who applied, has anyone heard back about PBL? I just sent in my application essay this morning.
I applied about 3 weeks ago and Dr. M said the committee would be "meeting soon." I guess soon is a relative term? Haha. Hopefully we'll hear soon!
And Glastonbury's not too far from here. I took a few summer classes at CCSU and drove by there every day.
I just found out I am accepted for 2012 class. Just waiting on decisions from a few other schools before i decide for sure. Hope all goes well for everyone.
I just found out I am accepted for 2012 class. Just waiting on decisions from a few other schools before i decide for sure. Hope all goes well for everyone.
Congrats!!!
YES!!!!!!!! omg!!!
christams...this is christmas![]()
![]()
![]()
WTG Kicia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YES!!!!!!!! omg!!!
christams...this is christmas![]()
![]()
![]()
Congrats!!! That is awesome. Is WVSOM your top choice?
Congrats!!! That is awesome. Is WVSOM your top choice?
YES!
it wasn't untill i learned more about it it moved fast to the top...but when i went there...i was blown away😍
it just looked and feeled like home...like my polish bieszczady mountains where i grew up.
I looooved everyone, people were so nice, i love that it is a rural setting because for someone crazy about outdoor sports there will be so much to do...i am not a person who likes going out...i rather go biking, skiing, hiking or something

so i am totally ecstatic...
at this point i know it is very early in the process and i could get other interviews but i am done! i will be going to WVSOM next year!
oh, and they have PBL which is definetly what i want😀
Hey good job Dr. Kicia! I know how much you wanted this!!! I'm so happy for you!!!
😍😀😍
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
just wondering if anyone who's applied for PBL has heard anything yet. Any news? I'm starting to get anxious!![]()
I haven't heard anything yet either. I'm starting to get anxious too! I hope we hear soon.
So excited to find out today! Just interviewed last Friday (10/26) and the webpage was updated today! I had to call the admissions office just to make sure and found out I'm golden! So look forward to an incredible ride the next couple years. Class of 2012 here I come!
Congrats!!! Good luck on your biochem test!
Congrats FurtureDrWebb; it's always nice to know a fellow Mountaineer will be headed down to Lewisburg.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 2K


