wvsom "decision deferred"?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vanip

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i was wondering if any of you know what this means. my status has been saying in review, and today when i checked it says 'decision deferred'. does this mean im on hold for an interview? :scared: thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Basically, it means your application was looked at, and then passed over for an interview. It means that they are waiting to get more applications and then once they are able to see how competitive you are with the rest of the applicant pool , you could possibly be invited for an interview, however, more than likely that you will be denied.

I actually called and talked to the admission director because I also was placed on "decision deffered" status. :( sucks

yeah that does suck. thanks for the info. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually, when my status at WVSOM said "decision deferred" my MCAT score was missing which I learned after I emailed them. I just received an interview invite Monday. So maybe something is missing from your application, just call or email and find out.

How do you check your status online?

i was wondering if any of you know what this means. my status has been saying in review, and today when i checked it says 'decision deferred'. does this mean im on hold for an interview? :scared: thanks in advance

Try checking your online status links. When I applied here, I called up the admissions office and asked. The lady there recived everything, but the office got overwhelmed so they were a little slow updating the online thing.

So you might have everything there already, just check online and don't hesitate to call the admissions office.

Mine has been on Decision Pending for the last week.. I'm starting to get nervous ...blah!

Same here, have had the decision pending message since Sept 1st. Should I contact the school?

Same here, have had the decision pending message since Sept 1st. Should I contact the school?

Mine is the same, decision pending since Sept. 1. I'm wondering how long do they usually take? Maybe if it's pending that means they haven't looked at the apps yet?

Well I was an August MCATer but have a previous score, and my recs havent been sent out yet. However, I thought that WVSOM was giving out interviews even to those that havent gotten there recs in yet and just require that we have them in before we itnerview. I hate waiting, this process is def shaving years off my life, GL every1

:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

I have had "Decision Pending" since 9/1 as well.

So any ideas how long we remain in limbo?

I bet they are just waiting to see what the rest of their class looks like. WVSOM sends out secondaries with their interview invites. So, there's no letters etc. that they take into consideration before the interview. If you have a certian GPA and MCAT (3.5+ and a 25-27 I think) then you get an auto acceptance.

Anything outside of that (I'm a 3.8 and a 30) then you either get interviewed or a decision deferred meaning that they have seen your file and are waiting for whatever reason to make that interview decision.

Scott

I bet they are just waiting to see what the rest of their class looks like. WVSOM sends out secondaries with their interview invites. So, there's no letters etc. that they take into consideration before the interview. If you have a certian GPA and MCAT (3.5+ and a 25-27 I think) then you get an auto acceptance.

Scott

I think your numbers are off. I have over that GPA, and I took the MCAT 3 times, but my highest was higher than 27, and I don't have an auto acceptance. Maybe because my science GPA is a 3.46 or something around that? My cum. GPA is above a 3.5

The numbers for an auto-acceptance are a science GPA of 3.50 or above, and an MCAT score of 28 or above.

Anyway, I am still "Decision Pending."

Ah. Guess they want to talk to be b/c I'm in grad school or something. Either way, the ealry decisionh sapplicant must meet a ...

minimum of a science GPA of 3.5
Composite MCAt over 28
--And drop 3k for a deposit (ouch!)

For interviews...

Avg science grade point of 3.5 and a composite of 24-27 will be invited in groups to interview.

All other applicants are considereed for regular admissions and interviewed by 2 people.

It's from their booklet.

Scott

Ah. Guess they want to talk to be b/c I'm in grad school or something. Either way, the ealry decisionh sapplicant must meet a ...

minimum of a science GPA of 3.5
Composite MCAt over 28
--And drop 3k for a deposit (ouch!)

For interviews...

Avg science grade point of 3.5 and a composite of 24-27 will be invited in groups to interview.

All other applicants are considereed for regular admissions and interviewed by 2 people.

It's from their booklet.

Scott

Thanks for the info. Well I meet those requirements and still says decision pending for me,I have had that message for 2 weeks now. Waiting anxiously. GL all, Why is it taking this long?

any updates guys? Maybe I can get a handle on the timeline...

Still "Decision Pending" for me. :(