WVSOM vs. LECOM-Erie

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zip1004

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
any suggestion about which school is better??

considering faculty, board rates, etc....

Members don't see this ad.

also considering rotation and going into specialty, like cardiology, GI, etc....

I know it's not a good idea to base your entire decision on locale; however, I spent many of my undergrad. years regretting my college's location (Cleveland)...I know that Erie is very similar as far as weather/cleanliness goes. I would go with the one you felt most comfortable at during your visit.
I'm sorry I don't have any advice as far as either school's academic reputation. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Members don't see this ad :)
Personally I would go with LECOM-Erie but that's because I really like what I know about their PBL track so far. If you're out of state LECOM would also be so much cheaper than WVSOM.

For what it's worth, I'm a PA resident and applied to WVSOM but not LECOM-Erie. IMHO, Lewisburg trumps Erie any day.

I agree. Lewisburg is actually a charming little town in a really pretty area. I'm guessing it's not such a great place if you have a spouse who needs to find a job, though. WVSOM has pbl, so LECOM doesn't get an advantage there. LECOM is a lot cheaper, though. I'd still go to WVSOM.

Does WVSOM have an entire PBL track or just part PBL?

Does WVSOM have an entire PBL track or just part PBL?
They have a fantastic completely PBL program. I am told that last year on of WVSOM's PBL students got like the second or third highest score in the nation on the COMLEX 1!

WVSOM!

Lewisberg is a great little town, everyone there was friendly and it is right in the middle of the mountains. So it is in the great outdoors.