Quantcast

WVSOM vs. LECOM-Erie

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zip1004

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
also considering rotation and going into specialty, like cardiology, GI, etc....

Punchap

Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know it's not a good idea to base your entire decision on locale; however, I spent many of my undergrad. years regretting my college's location (Cleveland)...I know that Erie is very similar as far as weather/cleanliness goes. I would go with the one you felt most comfortable at during your visit.
I'm sorry I don't have any advice as far as either school's academic reputation. Good luck with whatever you decide.

EEL08

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Personally I would go with LECOM-Erie but that's because I really like what I know about their PBL track so far. If you're out of state LECOM would also be so much cheaper than WVSOM.

Doctor Bagel

so cheap and juicy
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I'm a PA resident and applied to WVSOM but not LECOM-Erie. IMHO, Lewisburg trumps Erie any day.

I agree. Lewisburg is actually a charming little town in a really pretty area. I'm guessing it's not such a great place if you have a spouse who needs to find a job, though. WVSOM has pbl, so LECOM doesn't get an advantage there. LECOM is a lot cheaper, though. I'd still go to WVSOM.

EEL08

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does WVSOM have an entire PBL track or just part PBL?

medmom

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does WVSOM have an entire PBL track or just part PBL?
They have a fantastic completely PBL program. I am told that last year on of WVSOM's PBL students got like the second or third highest score in the nation on the COMLEX 1!

Founder

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
WVSOM!

Lewisberg is a great little town, everyone there was friendly and it is right in the middle of the mountains. So it is in the great outdoors.