WVU and Marshall University

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by chelledogg, Nov 2, 2000.

1. chelledogg

chelledogg Junior Member

I am a WV resident and I have an interview next week at West Virginia University and on Nov. 28th at Marshall University. I was wondering if anyone has interviewed at either one of these places and what it was like. Any input/advice you have would be greatly appreciated.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. psi1467

psi1467 Senior Member

Just out of curiosity when did you take the MCAT? And if it's not too much how did you score? I took the MCAT in August, and I'm awaiting interviews from both schools. I wish I could help you with the interview structure, but I've heard both are tolerable. Marshall from what I hear is a bit more laid back, just wanting to get to know you as a person. WVU supposedly is a bit more inclined to pry into reasons for a weaker point in your application. Best of luck.

4. chelledogg

chelledogg Junior Member

I took the MCAT in april, and overall my score is "o.k.", but I do have a 6 in the physical sciences section. I was registered to take the MCAT in august, but was unable to due to emergency circumstances. However, I just completed a masters degree, and I think that may help some. My scores are by no means stellar! I'm not sure if I'm getting an interview because I am a WV resident or because they are truely interested. I hope its the latter. Thanks for the info about the interview structure. From what I've heard, WVU's interview is a bit more rigorous, and they discourage retaking classes to replace bad grades (which I did), so I'm sure that will be brought up in the interview. I would also like to know if it is open file or not. I am also curious as to how quickly the spots fill up. Thanks for your input!!