WVU and Marshall University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chelledogg

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a WV resident and I have an interview next week at West Virginia University and on Nov. 28th at Marshall University. I was wondering if anyone has interviewed at either one of these places and what it was like. Any input/advice you have would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Just out of curiosity when did you take the MCAT? And if it's not too much how did you score? I took the MCAT in August, and I'm awaiting interviews from both schools. I wish I could help you with the interview structure, but I've heard both are tolerable. Marshall from what I hear is a bit more laid back, just wanting to get to know you as a person. WVU supposedly is a bit more inclined to pry into reasons for a weaker point in your application. Best of luck.

I took the MCAT in april, and overall my score is "o.k.", but I do have a 6 in the physical sciences section. I was registered to take the MCAT in august, but was unable to due to emergency circumstances. However, I just completed a masters degree, and I think that may help some. My scores are by no means stellar! I'm not sure if I'm getting an interview because I am a WV resident or because they are truely interested. I hope its the latter. Thanks for the info about the interview structure. From what I've heard, WVU's interview is a bit more rigorous, and they discourage retaking classes to replace bad grades (which I did), so I'm sure that will be brought up in the interview. I would also like to know if it is open file or not. I am also curious as to how quickly the spots fill up. Thanks for your input!!