WVU anesthesia residency spots available.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bailey1491

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The RRC has just approved a complement increase of 1 resident per training year for our program. We potentially are looking to take a resident at every training level starting July 1. If interested please send CV to [email protected].

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, what's going on with your program? What happened to your last department chairman?

Hey, what's going on with your program? What happened to your last department chairman?

Our last chairman, Dr. Wilks, was basically hired a couple of years ago as chairman, but with some agreement that almost made his position more like an interim chair with the possibility to extend his contract after two years (my actual knowledge of the details is limited as a resident, so forgive me for being vague). His role was to get the program back on track during a time when we were on probation. He did this successfully and implemented many changes that has made our program a lot better than when I started a few years ago, and according to previous graduating classes, exponentially better than the years immediately prior to my arrival. After the RRC visit and our re-accreditaion for 3 years, he decided to step down and lead up our Simulation program. The hospital is months away from opening a brand new state of the art simulation center, to be used by all departments and the medical school, and he wanted to be heavily involved in that as it is his "area of expertise" according to him. During this time we have had an interim chair, and although I believe the official announcement is not until tomorrow, the new chair will be named tomorrow morning (and I believe it is a former program director who was also instrumental in getting us "back on track").

I think that's pretty much the extent of it. Changes behind the scenes that ultimately don't affect us as residents that much. We get all of our numbers and then some, we aren't worked like dogs, and we leave with solid clinical training.

And we encourage practical jokes, which could be a plus or minus depending on your personality.

Members don't see this ad :)
Our Program Director announced today that all previously available residency spots have been filled at this time. Thanks.

The posts do not have a date....any CA3 spots? Am at a very well known Acadmic center in So FL.
LEt me know
Thanks in advance

The posts do have a date, methinks. 6/4/2009 was the one you replied to; date is listed at the top left of each post. Best of luck, in any case!