WW The Dark Side

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Blockers can be key late game (or even early game if they luck out and block the killing wolf). Losing a blocker is never ideal on lynch 1 for pretty much any reason. Ah well, not like we knew, she didn't even defend herself.
Exactly. Early on we never know, so you kind of just pull the trigger and see what happens.
 
Yer just plain on crack. Losing a blocker or silencer is about the next best thing to getting a wolf.
Why do you hate blockers so much? Usually they can choose not to block, and so would be less likely to be detrimental...and it can be a useful thing to have around if there is an outed alpha or something.

Not that I'm the biggest fan of the role, seeing as it was the first role I ever had in WW and I managed to block the person who would have kept me from being killed by wolves...
 
Why do you hate blockers so much? Usually they can choose not to block, and so would be less likely to be detrimental...and it can be a useful thing to have around if there is an outed alpha or something.

Not that I'm the biggest fan of the role, seeing as it was the first role I ever had in WW and I managed to block the person who would have kept me from being killed by wolves...
because he gets targeted a lot by blockers...

Seriously though, we've had this argument in thread a few times, LIS.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Why a safe bet? We might have gotten a wolf with kaydubs too. Maybe we did. Odds were the same. Frankly, I'd rather have a vanilla villager - if the noob is one - than to have a silencer role. I hate that role, wolf OR villager. I don't view it as somehow a "worse" outcome to have lost a silencer than a vanilla villager.

I still call sketchville on your comment.

Meh. Contingent vote to:

****lynch MJ****

Tired of not listening to my gut.
You're just needlessly grumpy 🙄
 
I quoted the PM the mod sent me; I can't really give more conclusive proof than that, LIS.

But I didn't know the wolves could have powers. :O

The "mostly dead" tag makes me think there's someone in-game with the capacity to bring back fallen players. So, if K-dubs is indeed a villager, we may have the ability to bring her back later in the game if we wanted to.
 
Why do you hate blockers so much? Usually they can choose not to block, and so would be less likely to be detrimental...and it can be a useful thing to have around if there is an outed alpha or something.

Not that I'm the biggest fan of the role, seeing as it was the first role I ever had in WW and I managed to block the person who would have kept me from being killed by wolves...
Steffi still hasn't forgave you for that FYI 😛
 
I quoted the PM the mod sent me; I can't really give more conclusive proof than that, LIS.

But I didn't know the wolves could have powers. :O

The "mostly dead" tag makes me think there's someone in-game with the capacity to bring back fallen players. So, if K-dubs is indeed a villager, we may have the ability to bring her back later in the game if we wanted to.
Trouble is we don't know if she's a wolf or not and we won't till she's dead. It's better off leaving her to die at this point than wasting what is likely our only rez.
 
I quoted the PM the mod sent me; I can't really give more conclusive proof than that, LIS.

But I didn't know the wolves could have powers. :O

The "mostly dead" tag makes me think there's someone in-game with the capacity to bring back fallen players. So, if K-dubs is indeed a villager, we may have the ability to bring her back later in the game if we wanted to.
You realize you can edit quotes right?

O GRADY is awesome

So....that doesn't really mean anything
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The Dubz Rule (patent pending) prohibits such things.

Oh, and screenshots can be manipulated too.

The amount of effort that going into manipulating a screenshot, then making it look legitimate by finding the perfect size font, and the perfect style, the colors... It'd be a lot of work.

I've got nothing to hide. If you all feel more comfortable lynching someone you know doesn't have any powers, that's fine; but that's one more villager down for the wolves.
 
The amount of effort that going into manipulating a screenshot, then making it look legitimate by finding the perfect size font, and the perfect style, the colors... It'd be a lot of work.

I've got nothing to hide. If you all feel more comfortable lynching someone you know doesn't have any powers, that's fine; but that's one more villager down for the wolves.
I lied, the other way to be proven innocent is to have a seer check you over the night cycle, but it's tricky because that person can't just broadcast that they seer-ed you because then they'll be killed. This is what makes the game fun!
 
I quoted the PM the mod sent me; I can't really give more conclusive proof than that, LIS.

But I didn't know the wolves could have powers. :O

The "mostly dead" tag makes me think there's someone in-game with the capacity to bring back fallen players. So, if K-dubs is indeed a villager, we may have the ability to bring her back later in the game if we wanted to.

It's not really proof, because the PM is trivial to fake.

I can't resurrect people (or heal, or fix whatever state it is they're in), but if I could I'd want to be damn sure they were a villager first, so I probably wouldn't bring back kaydubs until we saw how wolves are identified upon death/whatever.
 
I wonder how many night/day cycles we need to wait for that, though.

It'd really suck if a wolf randomly got the rez power, too. D:
 
I wonder how many night/day cycles we need to wait for that, though.

It'd really suck if a wolf randomly got the rez power, too. D:
Powers aren't randomly assigned to the wolves or villagers- there's wolf roles and villager roles. Usually the wolves have a seer, a blocker, someone who can survive a lynch, and maybe someone who can send messages or can't be seered. Villagers usually have a blocker, a seer, a protector, a mayor, and maybe a tracker, then a bunch of random filler roles that might or might not be good, like people that can move from one group to another, or people that can send anonymous messages or whatever.
 
Still missing 4 pms... Will try and close it out tonight if they can get it in, if not then it shall wait till tomorrow morning before work....

If you know you won't be here, please please try and get contingencies in, thank you! 🙂
 
Guys I feel like blockers are very useful. The first game I played I ended up finding a few wolves that way. Idk how STL is planning on giving information about affiliation, but I wouldn't be surprised if kaydubs was a villager. I wouldn't necessarily say a blocker is worth rezing, but I'm not ready to jump on the idea of kdubz as a wolf.
 
He checked behind himself, feeling that he was being followed. "You can come out now.... I know you are there. You aren't being very subtle."

A hooded man steps out from behind a pole. "You know that you must die. It has been willed and thus it must happen."

The man laughs to himself. "That's very funny. You come here and expect to kill me, in my shadow world. Good luck with that." The man bursts off running past a shadowy column and bounds down the steps, landing straight into a run.

The hooded man sighs. "He couldn't make this easy, could he...." he mutters to himself. He whispers several things in a low, monotone voice, only to then shout out, "Find him, my minions."

Demons start pouring out of the adjacent building, all barely recognizable with how fuzzy and dark they are. The hooded man recedes into the background, allowing his pets to do the work for him.

The demons searched long and wide for the man all night, but to no avail.

No one has died tonight.

There are still 14 players remaining in the game. Lynch deadline is set for 7:00 pm, but may be unable to close exactly at 7 depending on when I get out of work. If I don't get out in time, no votes after 7:00 will count towards the tally...
The Dark Forest
1. O Grady
2. MJ
3. Wildzoo
4. BI
The Light Cavern
1.tp
2. HTML
3. Conflagration
The Dark Wonderland
1. Dy
2. Devyn
3. LIS
4. DVM
The Light Shadow World
2. Gwen
3. FFM
4. Cyndia

The land between light and darkness (aka the area for the dead that are only MOSTLY dead)
1. Allieh
2. kaydubs
 
The most official lynch tally evah!
MJ - 0 ()
Person not even playing this game - 1 (LIS)

Well this lynch is off to a riveting start! Seems like this gif would be appropriate:
funny-animal-gifs-confused-husky.gif
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How interesting; that means there's still an active silencer in the game if it really was a block.

Well, the gender specific pronouns could help us narrow down who was being targeted, right? 🙂
 
How interesting; that means there's still an active silencer in the game if it really was a block.

Well, the gender specific pronouns could help us narrow down who was being targeted, right? 🙂
Not really. The gender refers to role, not player.

Seems more like an escape (wolf attack avoidance?) than a block or conversion to me.
 
HTML - can you reveal who you are conversing with? You don't have to.

lynch OG because he keeps trying to lynch "quiet people" which is not usually the best idea.
You don't think that since wolves are busy with their chat they are typically quieter in the main game? Those are just my noob thoughts.

I'm only in 1 PM, and there hasn't been a single message posted in it thus far lol
 
I've only been conversing w one person, and I've role revealed with that person as well. If they don't mind me saying who they are, let me know. I don't think it would matter but i would rather be safe than sorry and not make a "noob" mistake.
 
So I was given a magic 8 ball, whom I asked about Kay-dubs. It said she was a villager. Dunno if that helps..
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad