Technology XM vs SIRIUS??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

::Seabass::

bringing burkas back!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone have a scoop on which satellite provider is better??

Also, any ideas on what equipment to get?

I found a system that is a walkman and comes with a home and car kit: Delphi MyFi. I don't care that it doesn't play MP3s, I'm too lazy to download stuff.

What about the Delphi Roady2 walkman adapter instead? Which is better?

Thanks 🙂
 
::Seabass:: said:
Anyone have a scoop on which satellite provider is better??

Also, any ideas on what equipment to get?

I found a system that is a walkman and comes with a home and car kit: Delphi MyFi. I don't care that it doesn't play MP3s, I'm too lazy to download stuff.

What about the Delphi Roady2 walkman adapter instead? Which is better?

Thanks 🙂


I'd stay away from Sirus because I can't stand Howard Stern. Guilt by association!
 
flighterdoc said:
I'd stay away from Sirus because I can't stand Howard Stern. Guilt by association!

sirius has more programming and more channels.

the new xm walkman (delphi myfi) is better than sirius's offerings. the only reason to go for the roady2 is that it's cheaper than the delphi.

so currently, if you want portability, go with xm. if you want programming, go with sirius.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
amuse said:
sirius has more programming and more channels.

the new xm walkman (delphi myfi) is better than sirius's offerings. the only reason to go for the roady2 is that it's cheaper than the delphi.

so currently, if you want portability, go with xm. if you want programming, go with sirius.
turns out once you get the roady2 (w/car kit) plus walkman kit plus home kit (all included in myfi) it ends up only being about $30-50 dollars less than the myfi. I'm gonna go for the myfi.

thanks for the help 😀
 
flighterdoc said:
I'd stay away from Sirus because I can't stand Howard Stern. Guilt by association!

If you can't stand Howard Stern, why can't you just switch the channel to something else?!
 
DDS2BE said:
If you can't stand Howard Stern, why can't you just switch the channel to something else?!


I'm making a statement - I wrote that other network and told them I'd be buying XM.
 
SIRIUS! You get more stations and they play better music. Also you get live football and sports. Which you dont get on XM. My boyfriend has XM....netiher of us really likes it. My friend has Siruis and I like it much better
 
DeterminedMD said:
SIRIUS! You get more stations and they play better music. Also you get live football and sports. Which you dont get on XM. My boyfriend has XM....netiher of us really likes it. My friend has Siruis and I like it much better

But on XM you get ACC, BIG 10 and PAC-10 college football and basketball and starting next year you get MLB. All the games are supposed to be broadcasted by the local sportscasters too. Talks of other sports comming to XM as well. Besides, football is best when watched on TV. Baseball on the other hand was designed for radio, IMHO.
 
Medicfletch said:
But on XM you get ACC, BIG 10 and PAC-10 college football and basketball and starting next year you get MLB. All the games are supposed to be broadcasted by the local sportscasters too. Talks of other sports comming to XM as well. Besides, football is best when watched on TV. Baseball on the other hand was designed for radio, IMHO.
ACC and MLB makes me wish I had XM, but I am very happy with Sirius
 
Sirius also has college sports. I like MBL as the best radio sport. I tried xm soon after they made the deal and did not find that they were all the well rounded like sirius was. The system that I have i currently have is a alpine 9825 with the sirius tuner.