XULA - Pharm School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
any more people getting phone calls for interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
this school is very shady. they steal your supplemental fee and no updates for over 5 months. Tried to call them and there giving me the story of were processing it. Screw this school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know about the General Biology requirement? I took my general biology classes at a UC and Miss Hudson said that I didnt meet the general biology requirement because it is Molecular biokogy and it is too advanced. At UC, the course description is Introduction to Cell and Molecular biology...which is the first part of the General Biology class. I dont know how am I going to meet the requirement. Also, they said that I didnt take pre-calculus and require that I send in the AP score. It has been six years and getting the AP score from the College Board is going to be a while. They didnt even take my other calculus classes but require that I send the AP score.

I took my courses at a UC also and my bio class is also listed as intro to cell and molecular bio also. They didn't mention anything about my courses or missing pre req's.

is anyone still getting phone calls for interviews? i think it's a lost cause now.

is anyone still getting phone calls for interviews? i think it's a lost cause now.

No, i didn't got a call for interview. Its automatic rejection!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Whatever, there's always next year, i belive its something better for me than Xavier.:thumbup:

Good luck to You!!!

Does anyone know when Xavier is sending out acceptance/rejection letters?

Does anyone know when Xavier is sending out acceptance/rejection letters?

I had my interview this week and i was told mid to end of April. Concerning interviews it is kinda strange because the lady was still calling people to schedule interviews but i think it was for the end of this week only. So i guess they are done.

I'm a freshman at a university and planning to apply to xavier for pharmacy school. Do you have finish all of your pre reqs before applying? I think I can apply the beginning of sophmore year, but I'm only half done with my pre reqs and my university does not have theology which is one of the requirements.
Should apply into their prepharm in finish the rest of my prereqs?

Last edited:
General Biology is the first Biology course you take once you're in college. It's your basic biology course. I got this out of Xavier's University catalog.

"1230/1230L - 1240/1240L. General Biology − Science Majors. Basic biological principles and concepts as they apply to all levels of organization."

Hope this helps. Maybe you can compare it to a Biology course at your school. Did you have your interview yet?

yes

Last edited:
i have applied three times, and still have not gotten a phone call for an interview. i am about to graduate with a degree in biology and a minor in spanish and psychology. should I just give up hope?

Members don't see this ad :)
i have applied three times, and still have not gotten a phone call for an interview. i am about to graduate with a degree in biology and a minor in spanish and psychology. should I just give up hope?

Well you should never give up if pharmacy is what you want. You can take the pcat and apply to more schools next year or if you still want to go to Xavier go to the admissions office and talk to someone abt your application because something might be missing or your let of rec is not strong enough or something. You never know till you ask.

I interviewed yesterday and I over heard a phone call from one of the applicants and whoever was taking the call said they are STILL reviewing applications. They are very behind evidently. I had pretty much given up all hope until they called me a week ago.

Does anyone know how many days left to hear from addmission office about the dicissions who gets in or not. :scared:

Does anyone know how many days left to hear from addmission office about the dicissions who gets in or not. :scared:

I would say wait until either the week of April or the first week of May. That's around the time that our letters were mailed out.

They have finished interviewing so now the wait begins!

All of you that interviewed this year, speak up when the letters start rolling in. I want to know when to expect mine. Waiting on this things really bites.

Hey Everyone,

I heard from a Xavier student that they got their letter of acceptance this past week already. So I think our letters should be coming since Xavier students got their acceptance letters. Keeping my fingers crossed*

That's a lie, no one has received an acceptance letter yet. I spoke to them on Friday and she stated that they are just now finalizing everything and the letters will go out at the end of the month. That rumor about the acceptance letters has been floating around Xavier for the past month...trust me I will let you all know as soon as they start rolling!

HTH

Hmm...Really? I heard it from my sister-in-law that's at Xavier. She was naming me her friends that got accepted. I'm wondering why she would lie about it. I didn't tell her I applied either.

Hmm...Really? I heard it from my sister-in-law that's at Xavier. She was naming me her friends that got accepted. I'm wondering why she would lie about it. I didn't tell her I applied either.

I dont think she is lying either. I called Friday and i was told letters have been sent out and continue to. It would make sense for xavier students to receive it first becuase they interviewed way back in november and they have preference. To the rest of us lets keep our fingers crossed. To tootoo the lady might have meant they will continue to send it thru the end of the month.

Nevermind, goodluck to everyone and I hope to see ya'll in the fall :xf:

Last edited:
Has anyone called the office recently or any new information on letters.

When I asked, they told me the end of April or beginning of May which is approaching real soon, so I would say sometime this week or next week we should know something. GL

I called the office today and was told that the letters for non-Xavier students would be mailed in the next couple of weeks. I also read on the website that students will be notified in writing by April 30th if they are accepted. Its already the 28th so apparently that means nothing. Hopefully we won't have to wait another month.

So I guess no one has heard any news from Xavier yet huh? By the end of April 30th my butt!!! muahahah

Feel free to disagree, but this has to be one of the worst schools that I have experienced with their sub par "Student Affair" department. They are so rude and evidently quiet lazy. Other "professional" schools that I've called to the admission office, they are very welcoming and "nice," and actually give you helpful information. Anyways, excuse me of ranting about their inefficiency in communication with "prospective" students. Oh yeah one more thing, it sucks that you have to wait for months and months until you find out if you get rejected or admitted. And guess what guys, this is one of they reasons (poor management of student affair office, poor faculty workmanship) why they were on "probation" the first place.

On other note, lets keep this thread up-to-date o.k. people? LOL If no one received anything by the end of the first week to mid week of May, then we have a problem.

Got a question? I have a 2.745 cumulative GPA and a Bachelors of Science in Nursing. I have all the prereqs except 4 classes for pre-pharm. Any idea that I would be eligible for an interview when I apply next year. Did anyone get an interview with a similar GPA. Also does anyone know if a class is repeated, does Xavier take the last grade or do they avg the 2 grades. Thanks.

Guys, I'm from LA and I think I should share this with you, and this is just my opinion.

When you choose a school, trying to get in is not the only reason, you also have to see if the school environment fits you. I said that because P4 year is rotation year, and some of you will even do residency after that, during these year you will need the school, specially like PNDang said: Student affair department, to support you. You will spend 4 years at this school. Make wise choices you guys. Pharm courses are hectic, make sure you feel comfortable at the school that you choose.

Even though I don't know exactly why they were on probation (even when you call and ask, they'll be rude and hang up lol, I tried), that should tell you something about them too. Check out this article http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2009/02/accrediting_group_puts_xavier.html

Most of my friends transfer to Monroe Pharm. Because no accreditation --> can't take professional lincense test --> can't practice in US.

Guys, I'm from LA and I think I should share this with you, and this is just my opinion.

When you choose a school, trying to get in is not the only reason, you also have to see if the school environment fits you. I said that because P4 year is rotation year, and some of you will even do residency after that, during these year you will need the school, specially like PNDang said: Student affair department, to support you. You will spend 4 years at this school. Make wise choices you guys. Pharm courses are hectic, make sure you feel comfortable at the school that you choose.

Even though I don't know exactly why they were on probation (even when you call and ask, they'll be rude and hang up lol, I tried), that should tell you something about them too. Check out this article http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2009/02/accrediting_group_puts_xavier.html

Most of my friends transfer to Monroe Pharm. Because no accreditation --> can't take professional lincense test --> can't practice in US.

Okay I was with you until you started rambling about their probation status which is non-existent. Xavier is not on probation so you should do a little more research before you post opinions and also they were on probation for not even a month, so if your friends were able to transfer to Monroe in one month then they must know something no one else knows. Finally their accreditation was never in jeopardy, so I don't know where your getting your information from but do some more research and you'll find what your looking for!

Got a question? I have a 2.745 cumulative GPA and a Bachelors of Science in Nursing. I have all the prereqs except 4 classes for pre-pharm. Any idea that I would be eligible for an interview when I apply next year. Did anyone get an interview with a similar GPA. Also does anyone know if a class is repeated, does Xavier take the last grade or do they avg the 2 grades. Thanks.

Xavier only looks at your prerequisite GPA, and yes if you repeat the class, they take the highest grade. So, don't worry about your cumulative GPA, find out what your prerequisite GPA is and go from there.

HTH

good question! To be honest, I know people that have cumulative GPA 3.7, pre-reqs 3.8 did not received an interview. Giving you some tear drops of hope, people outside of Xavier with GPA of 2.8 have been accepted before. Xavier's, in my opinion, is very random. Sometime I do believe they just closed their eyes and point to a random applicant and say "yes he's good, above 2.5, he's ok."

My best advice to you is, work extra hard to pull up your GPA to at least a 3.00, pre-reqs to at least 3.2, and murder the PCAT, then apply to anywhere else EXCEPT Xavier LOLz. I believed that if you really want to be a pharmacist, then you should be able to put in extra work to do so. On the other hand, if you decided that you're committed to Xavier (I don't know why) then jsut cross your fingers, hope and pray that their fingers landed on your application. Also, Xavier is really big on LORs and personal statement. If you can excelled in these two requirements with minimum GPA, you're eligible for interview.

One last thing, I really hope they will hire more competent faculty in the near future. I think their school is decent, students are great, just the "walmart greeter (admission)" are, excuse my language, ****ty! lOL These are the same people, that "filled out the forms incorrectly," that got them into trouble few months back. They need a spring cleaning!!!

Accepted! I just got the letter out of the mail. I interviewed in Janurary, transfer with a B.S in Bio and a 3.5 cum. Thanks XULA. Good luck to all

Accepted! I just got the letter out of the mail. I interviewed in Janurary, transfer with a B.S in Bio and a 3.5 cum. Thanks XULA. Good luck to all

Where do you live, now you got me dying to get off work and get home to check the mail LOL
I interviewed in January too!

Xavier sent out their packages today. My friend received it not too long ago. We're from Louisiana. His interview was back on end of February. See ya'll in August.

Xavier sent out their packages today. My friend received it not too long ago. We're from Louisiana. His interview was back on end of February. See ya'll in August.

So, you got your letter today too! They said they mailed them out yesterday boy that was fast! I hope to see ya'll in August too :xf:

Please let us know! where r u at? was the letter bulky or flat? what color? i'm soooooo anxious now. i've been checking everyday!

I received my letter today also! It came in a big off-white envelope with a school logo on the front. I am from Louisiana as well.

Congratulations to those that made it in. I'm not in town right now so I'm really anxious to find out whether I have anything in the mail. Have anyone received a rejection letter yet or has XULA only sent out acceptance letter?

Tootoo- I wouldn't worry, I'm sure you got in. Lav9048, do you mind sharing your stats?

PNDang83, did you get accepted too or just your friend that got in?

It's official I'VE BEEN ACCEPTED!

See ya'll in August!

Congratulation! are you transferring from UNO?

No, I already had a B.S. Information Technology, so I just finished my prerequisites at Delgado and SUNO. I have to do my final for Physics and Microbiology and I will chill this summer with no classes!

All of you that got the letter, are you all from Lousi.? I'm from out of town, i haven't gotten anything yet?

Congratulations guys it's my hope to see you all august..God willing

I live in New Orleans,LA. Good Luck to you!

Congrats! Yes, I live in New Orleans, LA also. Don't get nervous the letter was postdated April 30, 2009 which was yesterday. Your letter is on the way:thumbup:

I am a UL Lafayette student. 3.8 pre-req GPA. No pharmacy experience. I am also not a minority. I really thought that getting into Xavier was a long shot for me especially since I applied after completing only 25 hours of my pre-reqs. I am assuming that the LORs, personal statement, and interview were very important in the decision. Congrats to all who got accepted and I will see you in the fall. For those who didn't, don't give up guys, follow your dreams and I wish you the best of luck in the future.