Yale High Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

V for Vendetta

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone who is on the Yale High Waitlist - have you been invited for second look or spoken to admissions about your status?

Members don't see this ad.

I e-mailed medical admissions last week asking the same thing. I just got a response a few minutes ago that my question has been forwarded to Richard Silverman. I'll post his response when I get it.

On a related note, does anyone know if we are required to submit financial aid information? I do not plan on applying for aid and I dislike unnecessary paperwork, but I don't want to hold up my admission.

I just heard back from Mr. Silverman. If you are on the high wait list and want to come to the 2nd look on April 26-27 just e-mail the admissions officer and they will send you the necessary paperwork (due 20 April). At least a few high waitlisters are going to be there. There are no other formal events scheduled, but if waitlisters want to come on an individual basis once they get accepted, the admissions office will work with them to set up an itinerary.

I think that I am going to go. It seems a little pathetic since I have not yet been accepted, but I really liked the place during my interview and I want to show that I am serious about attending.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any idea if people on the waitlist (high or regular) are notified of admission by e-mail or snail mail? Still not going to be sleeping very easy until things are official....

I havent officially checked this info but in last year's thread someone mentioned that they got an email to call and got accepted. Since Yale does a lot through email, I would expect for them to either email you an acceptance or email for you to call first