yale IM fellowship placement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bostonguy

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yale is one of the only hospitals where I could not find the fellowship placement online and I have no doubt it is great. Do they only give it out at interview time? Has anyone already interviewed and seen it? Was just curious about matching in competitive fields like GI and cards.

Members don't see this ad.

I was there a few weeks ago for interview, so I have a copy of the match-list. It's Yale--OF COURSE the list is outstanding. Lot's of people going into Cards, GI, and everything else at all the big name places (Cleveland clinic, Columbia, Brown, Mt. Sinai, Stanford, the Brigham, BID, Yale, etc). Looking for anything more specific?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was really impressed. Great match list, happy residents, nice facilities, lots of research ops/funding, the PD seemed like a great guy. It's definitely not a cush program--even one of their ambulatory months is Q4 overnight call--but I didn't have the sense that it was malignant. If I had to rank today, it would be one of my top choices for sure.