Yale: Let's settle this!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jargon124

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this has been talked about before, but what the heck is the deal with Yale? Has anyone actually called the admissions office over there? Are they done interviewing? The last interview invite for an SDNer seems to have been sent 1/3. They can't possibly be done, can they? Please, God, they can't be done!!!Ok, I'm finished with my rant now. :)

Members don't see this ad.

my friend I feel your pain :D The last time I called (roughly a week ago) they told my that they are interviewing until mid-March. So we just have to be patient :)

dont know what to say. yale is one of the last schools i'm waiting to hear from. i called today and all they told me was that my file was in review. i was like "no ****." but the woman who answered the phones was completely clueless about everything and she assured me that they would be interviewing THROUGH march, so there is still a good month and a half of time to get an invite i hope. im really going absolutely nuts with yale though, as it is really one of my top top top choices and really put a lot of work on their damn secondary. they just cashed my check last week, though (even though i was in review nov. 1). we'll see.

it's a total crapshoot though on who reads your app. i got rejected pre-interview at some very low-ranked and much less prestigious (albeit great)schools, and interviewed at some real powerhouses, so i've learned never to expect or predict ANYTHING in this process. im realistic and there's a good chance they've decided NOT to interview me. so be it. no stranger to disappointment. i just wish they would tell us something instead of letting us just drift like this.

i think it basically can come down to this: chances are that we've all been passed over for interviews. they ARE still interviewing for another 6-7 weeks or so, so there IS a possibility that we can be called, but you calculate that probability at your own risk.

ah but im rambling; im drunk. must passs out on bed now. dream of that glorious email from yale.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, just found SDN! What a great source of information! Just wanted to say I got an email notice of an interview at Yale last Thursday - Jan. 24. It said I could call on Tues., Wed., or Thurs. to schedule an interview and they interview on Mon., Wed., and Fri. So when I called, I was told I could choose from 4 days - 3 at the end of Feb. and one the first week of March. I don't know if these are all the days they have left for interviews or just the ones they let me choose from. (????) Hope this helps! Good luck to all you guys!

Thanks for the welcome! My application wasn't complete till early in Dec. Hope your email comes today!

Gulp. That means that they're now scheduling interviews for the end of Februrary. There's not much time left for us...

just curious..is yale rolling admissions or not?

Not rolling.

They usually send out their offers of admission shortly after Harvard, so sometime towards the end of March would be a good guess.

Ok, so I guess "latebloomer2" got an invite from our elusive Yale on 1/18. Congrats to him/her. To me, this is bad, since it seems they have bee inviting all along -it's just that they're not bothering to send me one. Come on, guys, I'm only an email away! :rolleyes: Ugh, whatever, I'm through hoping against hope.