Yale med question (again)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ajt2003

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, so for those of you who have been following, I LOVE Yale. LOVE it. Want to hug it.

I just found out that my application went in for review yesterday (thanks for misplacing my LORs for A MONTH, btw). Aaaaanyways, to those who were invited for interviews, can you tell me about how long you had to wait from when your application was complete to when you heard? Just wondering...muchos gracias. And to those still waiting, when will the torture end? :p

Members don't see this ad.

I dunno, I been complete for at least a month and a half now, nothing heard.

Pinkertinkle said:

Thanks for the info...that's sorta what I figured, but just wanted to double check with y'all. Doh.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was complete on October 19 and was invited on the 20th. I was entirely shocked. It appears to be very random.

That status page is very misleading when it gives you a date for "complete & in review". I think it just means that your app is complete and it is ready for review whenever they get a chance.

I've heard from people that Yale is extremely slow, so be patient. :)

I LOVE YALE AND I WANT TO HUG YALE, TOO. :love:

ajt2003 said:
Okay, so for those of you who have been following, I LOVE Yale. LOVE it. Want to hug it.

I just found out that my application went in for review yesterday (thanks for misplacing my LORs for A MONTH, btw). Aaaaanyways, to those who were invited for interviews, can you tell me about how long you had to wait from when your application was complete to when you heard? Just wondering...muchos gracias. And to those still waiting, when will the torture end? :p
I was complete (and in review) on 8/9, and I received the interview invitation on 10/1 by email. Hope this helps you guage your progress.

CarlosMielefan said:
I was complete on October 19 and was invited on the 20th. I was entirely shocked. It appears to be very random.

Get over yourself!

my app was completed and in review on aug 9. ive been waiting since then.

ajt2003 said:

ajt,
since I am a little ignorant and since you are so enthusiastic about yale, could you please enlighten me with the reason as to why is yale so special? ( i really know nothing about yale or any other universities except for my own uni because I am new to this country and by the way i am an undergrad)

Thanks tons!
Pri

I was complete on Sept 24, received an interview invite on 10/20. Anyone going to be in New Haven on 11/17?

Diana

priyanka said:
ajt,
since I am a little ignorant and since you are so enthusiastic about yale, could you please enlighten me with the reason as to why is yale so special? ( i really know nothing about yale or any other universities except for my own uni because I am new to this country and by the way i am an undergrad)

Thanks tons!
Pri
pass/fail grading. you set your own pace at yale. and can go for a masters for free cause free fifth year. good financial aid, too. the max loan is under 20,000/year. atmosphere is awesome! the med students aren't wierd of stuck up. they're like normal people studying medicine, except most from ivies. med students have A LOT of say into what goes on in their school. cheap (but not trashy) and abundant housing (condos from 30,000 and up; can also buy a colonial house). great food in and around school. love their cafeteria, marigolds. no hairy traffic or parking situation. great opportunities for research and community involvement. no crazy lecture hours (you're not in lecture all day). awesome tradition and history. i love the historical med library. you cant find that at most schools. also, i love new haven no matter what anyone says. so much more, but it becomes more personal from here. if you like peace and quiet, yale is for you. but there are other schools that fit this description with a few differences. you should have more than one dream school.

bewitched1081 said:
pass/fail grading. you set your own pace at yale. and can go for a masters for free cause free fifth year. good financial aid, too. the max loan is under 20,000/year. atmosphere is awesome! the med students aren't wierd of stuck up. they're like normal people studying medicine, except most from ivies. med students have A LOT of say into what goes on in their school. cheap (but not trashy) and abundant housing (condos from 30,000 and up; can also buy a colonial house). great food in and around school. love their cafeteria, marigolds. no hairy traffic or parking situation. great opportunities for research and community involvement. no crazy lecture hours (you're not in lecture all day). awesome tradition and history. i love the historical med library. you cant find that at most schools. also, i love new haven no matter what anyone says. so much more, but it becomes more personal from here. if you like peace and quiet, yale is for you. but there are other schools that fit this description with a few differences. you should have more than one dream school.
is it me, or does this sound really similar to stanford? (with the exception of palo alto of course)

Pinkertinkle said:

Me too. Complete on Sept 3 and nothing as yet.
I'm getting nervous.

cottagepepper said:
Me too. Complete on Sept 3 and nothing as yet.
I'm getting nervous.
I was complete on 9/14 (according to the status page...my stuff was proably there by the end of August), and I got the interview invite last week. So I don''t think its uncommon to wait a fairly long amount of time, especially now that the August MCATs are in and there are probably quite a few more people ready for review. No reason to worry yet.

i just wanted to chime in and say i've been waiting since 9/9/04. seems like i'm in good company, though, so its all good.

superdevil said:
i just wanted to chime in and say i've been waiting since 9/9/04. seems like i'm in good company, though, so its all good.

Yep, been waiting since 9/21...

Hope to meet you all soon at our Yale interviews! Keep the hope alive!

:thumbup:

Completed 10/3 and in invited on 10/12. I get the feeling that Yale is putting a priority on reviewing/interviewing its own students first. When I called in to schedule an interview, the admissions office said they wanted everyone on campus to interview ASAP. And everyone I know at school has either interviewed already or has been offered one. So... I think you have to wait a few weeks to hear back from them if you go somewhere else.

And P.S., the secretary is a JERK when you call to schedule an interview. Bitch put me on hold for EIGHT minutes when I called, and after asking my name/school she put my on hold AGAIN. Then she YELLED at me because I couldn't pick a date fast enough when she told me my options. *****.

LuxEtVeritas05 said:
And P.S., the secretary is a JERK when you call to schedule an interview. Bitch put me on hold for EIGHT minutes when I called, and after asking my name/school she put my on hold AGAIN. Then she YELLED at me because I couldn't pick a date fast enough when she told me my options. *****.

I would be careful about being so expressive on here. You know, if she does this to everyone, then you're safe. If you happened to have been the only one she had this outburst with today, then it would be easy to spot you. We know you go to Yale, and we know you're the dude who was kept on hold and who was yelled at.... I am willing to bet that that narrows the choices. There was recently a thread about secretaries being like waiters. Well, waiters have been known to spit in the food of grumpy patrons.

CarlosMielefan said:
I would be careful about being so expressive on here. You know, if she does this to everyone, then you're safe. If you happened to have been the only one she had this outburst with today, then it would be easy to spot you. We know you go to Yale, and we know you're the dude who was kept on hold and who was yelled at.... I am willing to bet that that narrows the choices. There was recently a thread about secretaries being like waiters. Well, waiters have been known to spit in the food of grumpy patrons.
i had a similar experience, so lux isn't alone.