Yale Phone interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shruts1116

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just recieved an e-mail and call today letting me know that I'll be having a phone interview with Yale faculty and alumni next week for the Health Management and Policy track... just out of curiosity, was anyone else contacted? Or did anyone else have a phone interview already?

Why are they waiting unil NOW (after the deadline for most schools decision acceptance) to have a stupid phone interview with me?!? I've gotten accepted to all the other schools I've applied to... Yale is the least ranked out of all 5 programs I applied to... what took them so freakin' long! Sorry I'm just a little annoyed... :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad.

I say don't go to Yale! They are really fustrating, it seems like they were the last school in letting students know acceptance status. I STILL haven't heard from them, but I've already decided on UC Berkeley, so if they call now I'm going to tell them to shove it! Just Kidding, I'll probalay politely tell them no :rolleyes:

I'd second gradstudentsk. Yale took more than 6 weeks to decide on my application and eventually only went on to reject me after I had emailed them repeatedly asking for information.

And this was less than 5 days ago.

So unless you want to increase your choices and pick a program keeping Yale as an option it probably would just be added tension to go through with the interview. Yale was the lowest ranked program I applied to too and I got accepted everywhere else!