1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Yale Secondary

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by lola, Sep 3, 2002.

1. lola

lola Bovine Member
    7+ Year Member

are you guys writing something here? :confused:

Additional Page (Optional)

You may use this section to bring to the attention of the Admissions Committee any information not discussed elsewhere in your application, if you feel that information is important to the Committee's understanding of your application. Space is limited to 500 words.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. samyjay

samyjay Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I think i am going to highlight my time spent abroad, since i have not had a chance to discuss it in the rest of my application

4. lola

lola Bovine Member
    7+ Year Member

so do you think optional isn't really optional? are they looking more for explanations of low gpa, disadvantaged status, etc.. or are they interested in any little tid bit about your life that might be interesting/important?

5. Street Philosopher

10+ Year Member

everything in life is optional. nobody is forcing you to fill out that section, but it can give readers a better idea of who you are. the best part is that you have complete freedom in what you want them to know about you. why squander that opportunity?

6. Cydney Foote

Cydney Foote Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

My advice is to always write the optional essay. It gives you one more chance to show the adcomm what you're made of. Use this additional space to flesh out your application -- volunteer activities, travel, personal interests, friends, sports, your family's background are all great topics for this essay.

Good luck!

7. TroutBum

TroutBum Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I wrote something about my hobbies.