Yale turnaround time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jimjones

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If my status page says completed and submitted for review Dec 5th, does that mean it will actually be reviewed soon or am I months away from finding out if I'll be interviewed?

Members don't see this ad.

For what it's worth, I've been complete since 11/25 (not that long, I know), and I haven't heard anything yet.

I've been complete for a couple of months and haven't heard anything. However, I'm finding that the time between submission and interview (or rejection) varies quite a bit for different people. Your results may be very different from mine.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been complete about a month at Yale and no word yet...

I think it is normal, but I hate that feeling of being last in line. It feels so much better when someone gets in line behind you. I certainly don't mean any offense, but now that I see that there are people that have applications complete after mine, it makes me feel better. I know that there are people behind me. I'm not last in line. Good luck to all...

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone who submitted in Nov. heard from Yale yet about an interview or rejection?

I was complete and in review on 8/31 and no word. I am fully expecting a rejection when yale gets around to sending them out...

No word yet, Jessica seems to be the only one. Let's hope she's an exception to the rule!

Complete and in review 10/24. uhm I think I can expect a Mid-march rejection!

Oh well! :(

nov. 1 complete. they haven't even cashed my check yet.

Complete 11/25, just got an interview invite via e-mail a few minutes ago.

Choker: Maybe they're working backwards (a LIFO queue) from Jessica to me to you. :confused: It's not over yet, anyway. There doesn't seem to be a corrolation b/w complete time and interview invites.

congrats coalboy!

well, im getting a little worried. but look at it this way: they interview through march, and they were accepting aps through mid-december. if they went in chronological order, they would have 1 months worth of applicants for 3 months interviewing.

maybe it's just wishful thinking. oh well, guess i should be thankful for the interviews i've already gotten and move on.

-good luck you guys.

I'm shaking as I write this, so please forgive if it's incoherent. I also just got the e-mail invite as well. I was reading this post, and toggled over to my e-mail to see if anything new came in.

Forgot to mention, I was complete on 11/20

hey congrats locitmd! you've been fretting for a while for that one!
good for you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone with interviews! But now I'm sad. Tee hee! Now I feel better.

Choker,

Thank you for your well wishes. Yeah, you know I've been a nervous wreck for months. And especially considering this is only my second communication from a med school. But please, don't give up hope! I can tell you there's nothing too special about my app, nor my MCATs, I think it might have just been the secondary essay I poured over for months.

My guess is that Yale got back from the holidays and they are only just beginning to send out the invites. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Thank you for all of the encouragement along the way.

Way to go, locitamd and coalboy! :D Glad to see you getting somewhere, locita! I'll bump the "late submitter" thread up and maybe we can get that one going again now that things seem to be going!

My app was complete December 4th, and I think, based on my stats, I should get an interview. So, I don't think we all need to be getting too worried just yet! :D

Hey brandonite - I sure hope you are right - I was complete 11/2 and haven't heard anything yet. Come on Yale, please email me!? :D

Mine said January, but you schedule it yourself.

Mine has been complete since Sep. 18th, but still now a word. hang tight.

You guys are so awesome, thank you for the congrats. I never thought I'd be the one to have news to post on this thread.

Brandonite - your #'s blow mine away, so I'm sure good news will be heading your way sometime soon.
Thanks once again for bumping up the late submitters thread - I'll be heading over there shortly to contribute (AT LONG LAST!!!!)

The e-mail said interview "in January," so although it's up to us to schedule it, I guess they want us to do it sometime soon.

Thanks, locita! :D Though, stats aren't everything. But I'm hoping that I'll get an email soon!

I was actually hoping I could schedule mine in February... I only want to fly down to the east coast once, and I haven't heard anything from Harvard or Duke... :(

I don't think I said congrats to you, locitamd.
So, congrats!

Hey Coalboy!

I did an emergency drive from Philly to NYC this morning and I realized on the way up (i.e. before I read your post) that I didn't say congrats to you either. I think I was so overwhelmed by getting the Yale e-mail, that I lost my manners. So indeed, reciprocal congratulations!

I've got a 5 a.m. flight to LA tomorrow morning, so I'm going to sign off now - but I'm going to PM you soon, so be on the lookout.

Again - congratulations and best of luck with the interview.