Yale vs Brown vs Indiana vs UChicago

Started by MrRads
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MrRads

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yale vs Brown vs Indiana vs University of Chicago

How would you rank the overall quality of education, assuming location is a non-factor? Any positives or negatives about the programs that you can think of? I'm leaning towards IR but not committed.
 
Brown is a great IR program, but be prepared to be worked to the bone. It's the only program I know that requires its first years to take call after the third month. Brown is also run by a private radiology group (Rhode Island Medical Imaging) and is a very strong program for those interested in going into private practice. If you're academically-centered, I don't know if it'd be the right place.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pretty sure best overall quality would be Indiana. Not sure about just IR. I'd actually have these as Indiana > Yale > Chicago > Brown for complete overall education but I did not interview at Brown (I did all the others).