Yale vs columbia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BigRedPingpong

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you got into both where would you consider the more highly reputable one?

Members don't see this ad.

Yale probably has a better reputation in GENERAL, but I think its grading system (making many tests optional) concerns some residency directors. So I guess in that case, I'll choose Columbia

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by CalBeE
, but I think its grading system (making many tests optional) concerns some residency directors.

Hey CalBeE,
Where or who told you this information? I am just curious because most of the residency directors I've spoken to have praised YSM graduates. As long as the students are doing well on Step1,2,3 the optional exams are a non-issue. I am not questioning the validity of your statement, but am definitely interested about its origin.

:)
-Harps

Originally posted by Harps
Hey CalBeE,
Where or who told you this information? I am just curious because most of the residency directors I've spoken to have praised YSM graduates. As long as the students are doing well on Step1,2,3 the optional exams are a non-issue. I am not questioning the validity of your statement, but am definitely interested about its origin.

:)
-Harps

Oh just on SDN actually...but I guess over 50% of the stuff on SDN are rumors anyway. ;)

I wouldn't NOT select Yale just because of that. Yale obviously has strong resource from its Law School and other grad schools, which are useful in complementing your medical education.

Just to add some more info, a friend of mine had his interviewer at UPenn tell him how impressed he has been with Yale med grads during their residencies at UPenn.

Originally posted by CalBeE
Oh just on SDN actually...but I guess over 50% of the stuff on SDN are rumors anyway. ;)

I wouldn't NOT select Yale just because of that. Yale obviously has strong resource from its Law School and other grad schools, which are useful in complementing your medical education.

HEHEHHE...yeah sometimes SDN has some funky stuff posted on it....rumors about a lot of schools are exactly that...RUMORS...hehehe.

BTW, bro, what part of India were you born in? Cause I was born there as well...
;)

-Harps