Yale vs. Mayo (another which post)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JJ4

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey folks -- which one would you choose here. I think this one is pretty hard considering the clinical training at Mayo. But New Haven's a bit closer to home.

Members don't see this ad.

screw the training at mayo..Yale is ivy league baby. so you have that...also i think it's viewed better by residency directors, location may be bettre for yale also, and most of all no grades.

Thats exactly it. I mean, I agree with the location part and the no grades stuff -- thats all cool -- but what I didn't like about yale was that people kept talkin about the "ivy" thing. What's the deal with ivy in med school?

Oh yea -- anyone know why mayo gets such a bad rep on usnews regarding residency directors??

I dunno what it is -- but I keep kicking myself in the head for not applying to washU or the better RESEARCH schools --- damn -- I really need to accept that and move on this late in the game. In any case -- we'll see what happens.