Yale Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I suppose that's true and always had been. After reading the waitlist email again, I just have to say that it was far too optimistic than it should have been. 67odd students were in Group 1, which was "roughly a third." By my estimate, there will probably be no more than 10 seats left to give out to waitlistees. Yet in the email it stated that "about half the time" they reach group 3. That makes it sound like most (~40) group 1 are accepted, many (~15?) in group 2 are accepted, and perhaps a few come from group 3. But that doesn't add up.

Oh well.

Members don't see this ad.

I talked to Mr. Silverman this week and it seems that we wont hear anything untill June end/ first week of July.... But he was saying that he expects around 20 smthing seats to open up (about 10-15 deferrals)... well lets keep our hopes up and fingers crossed!!

anyone have any news? richard silverman's email made it sound as though they've started making offers again: "we will continue to make new offers as soon as spaces become available." (though maybe I'm reading too much into this?) i wish there were call-in hours this week...

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the same feeling when I read the wording of the email. Even more distressing is the face that people keep joining the Facebook group. I know this might just be people joining who were accepted a while ago, but in my mind people use Facebook to procrastinate, they don't procrastinate using Facebook, so whenever someone joins my heart sinks a little bit.

I am really hoping some offers will go out this week... good luck to everyone!

Did anyone hear anything this week, or have a chance to call in? I wasn't free to call during the open hours, though I'm assuming movement is about over.

I had called, and according to Mr. Silverman, there has been virtually no movement on the waitlist. Outlook isn't too good for us waitlistees, but perhaps a few spots may open up this month.