Yale?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Papi

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a Yale interview invite recently? Or any August MCAT'ers here with Yale invites other than Jessica?

Members don't see this ad.

I forgot which Rambo it was exactly. but there's one in which Rambo and some other guy find themselves in a valley, surrounded by enemies (all of them with automatic weapons by the way). The other guy turns to Rambo and asks "what do we do now?" Rambo replies "**** 'em" and proceeds to shoot and kill every one of the hundreds of enemies with his M-16 (they were surrounding him, yet none was able to land a shot on Rambo)!!!

you turn to me and ask about Yale. My reply is that same as Rambo's....
(listen to Spice 1's "Born to Die" for a glimpse of what i mean).

better and more apt quote: end of the last starfighter when the alien general's ship is about to explode. soldier turns to spider-alien-general and asks "general, what do we do now?" general looks at him and answers, "we die," and their ship explodes.

Members don't see this ad :)
Man you all are right on the mark here. I have all but given up hope on a Yale interview as well. I just don't understand. Pisses me off too. :mad:

FYI the interview season for Yale will last through the end of February. And they say they are still handing out interviews, so don't give up all hope yet.

Yeah well what about that quote in Wayne's World where Wayne and Garth are in front of a screen with the name of a city behind them...and then they say "hi...I'm in Delaware..."

...now that I think about it...it's nothing like that....hahaha

Originally posted by Sterling:
•FYI the interview season for Yale will last through the end of February. And they say they are still handing out interviews, so don't give up all hope yet.•••

People with completion dates well past ours have gotten interviews. And I don't think anybody has gotten anything from them recently. It'd be nice to get a rejection from them just to make things final, I suppose.

There's hope... My application was complete back in August, and I just received my interview invitation about 2 weeks ago. Keep the faith!

Originally posted by Wahoo:
•There's hope... My application was complete back in August, and I just received my interview invitation about 2 weeks ago. Keep the faith!•••

I don't think anybody on SDN has heard from them in two weeks. That to me means that they may have stopped issuing invitations.

Please correct me if I'm wrong! :eek:

Originally posted by brandonite:

I don't think anybody on SDN has heard from them in two weeks. That to me means that they may have stopped issuing invitations.

Please correct me if I'm wrong! :eek: •••

I just checked, and my invitation (email) was sent 9 days ago. My letter (postal mail) arrived yesterday.

OK. Maybe I'm just in a bad mood because I have not gotten an interview yet from ANY of my AMCAS schools. :D I'm normally an optimist, but after two months of getting my hopes up every single time I check my email, only to be dissapointed.

Maybe I'll email them next week to see if they are still offering interviews... It can't hurt, can it? :D

like Wahoo, I was comnplete back in august, had totally given up on yale because it had been soooo long, but got an interview invite last week

coop and watto thank you thank you thank you!! I too was complete in August and have heard nothing...you hav given me hope

I got an invite on Jan 09. My apps were complete on Dec 10. The invite was via email from some Richard guy.

August MCAT, got the invite on 1/3.