Yep...another Im done thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jaylee777

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Took it yesterday and the results are:

21 PAT
21 AA

26 OC
20 BIO
18 GC
20 TS
24 RC
18 QR

I feel like I could have definitely done better in some sections but Im satisfied overall. We'll see if its good enough to get me in somewhere.

As for the Test-

First of all dry erase markers on laminated paper sucks...they dont write anywhere near as well as they do on an actual white board...so ******ed that they have made this mandatory. It was particularly terrible in the QR section. Bio was pretty much all reasoning, intuitively applying the knowledge you get from studying...I had maybe a only a couple of straightforward questions. I think this is a new trend for the DAT, probably making it a little harder because of the recent increased competition and influx of dental applicants. This carried over into Gchem which I obviously sucked on...I literally had 2 questions that had numbers for the answers. I wasted my time concentrating on working all types of calculation problems when I studied and the real thing was all conceptual...dont really know how I did this poorly but Im glad I did better on the next section. The study material out there for the BIO and Gchem need to be rewritten and reformatted to follow the change in the type on questions in these sections. They seem to be moving towards MCAT type questions IMHO. Anyhow...Ochem was pretty easy...but its my strength so no suprise there. If you know destroyer and achiever...youre golden...kinda feel like OC isnt on par with the difficulty level of the other two sciences...definitely weren't as many reasoning/conceptual questions. PAT was much easier and less complicated in all parts than achiever...dont let it get you down if you havent scored well...I was scoring 16. RC was pretty easy but I expected it to be since I originally got my degree in Corporate Communication and Business...lots of paper writing...probably cant tell with my conversation type writing here on top of my hangover. I read the whole passage through so I could answer the many tone type questions that appeared (lots)...I definitely recommend doing the same if youre a fast reader. If not, I would try reading the passage through but skipping the fact packed paragraphs knowing that you'll just come back when searching for the answers to those type of questions. QR was pretty much what I expected...other than the fact that the marker I had kept drying up on me and not being able to write clearly....this should be seriously taken into consideration to change by the ADA. Majority were word problems but not too bad. I was lacking in time from trying to get the marker to write properly and get through all the word problems. I skipped all the trig questions (about 5) because I usually spend the most time on those and didnt have time to go back and even attempt them. Destroyer and Achiever are pretty good representations of all types of questions youll see here. Well, I would like to thank all of those that helped/supported/motivated me during my time up to the DAT...this really is a great place for fellowship and support. Good luck to everyone!

Best regards

Members don't see this ad.

Well done! Now time to relax...

And judging by your scores, it looks like you ended up figuring out the PAT section. haha. Nice job!

thanks kxb4777...youre help and advice was very helpful, comforting, and motivational. I cant thank you and others enough and explain how much difference it can make when someone offers their support.

Members don't see this ad :)
I started with Kaplan which I felt like was very basic...then I bought Destroyer and Achiever...both of which I feel like need to include more reasoning/applicable type questions. They spur you to refer back to textbook info but dont really do a good job in representing the types of questions on the real thing. Memorizing info does no good on these two sections...you need to fully understand all the concepts and be able to relate and apply them.