Yeshiva M.A w/ guaranteed interview for Psy.D/Ph.D upon completion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

causeeffect

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was accepted into Yeshiva's M.A. program (originally applied to Psy.D) and the letter states that after completion of the program, those interested are guaranteed an interview for one of their doctorate programs. Has anyone gone through this? Does anyone know the rate of acceptance into their Psy.D for those from their M.A program? If accepted, would all 60 of the M.A credits transfer into credits needed to complete the Psy.D? The website didn't help.

Members don't see this ad.

I was accepted into Yeshiva's M.A. program (originally applied to Psy.D) and the letter states that after completion of the program, those interested are guaranteed an interview for one of their doctorate programs. Has anyone gone through this? Does anyone know the rate of acceptance into their Psy.D for those from their M.A program? If accepted, would all 60 of the M.A credits transfer into credits needed to complete the Psy.D? The website didn't help.

i wrote in another thread but i'll write it again - i spoke with several current students at Yeshiva PsyD and they had little good things to say about the program. i myself interviewed there but left after the individual interview because the interviewer was a total XXX (fill in as you please)

I can agree with you on that, after I asked this question here on these boards, I then e-mailed the contact person from the letter and asked him the same thing. His reply was kinda rude and arrogant and he said something about next time asking a more specific question. :confused:..?

For those who are interested he did say: 2 were accepted this year and one is on the waitlist.

i'm totally not interested in this school anymore.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you are looking to boost your odds at being accepted into a doctoral program an MA does not really help all that much (unless you have a weak undergrad GPA and are using the masters GPA to counteract that). Even if you are guaranteed an interview spot in two years at Yeshiva, you are not guaranteed anything else (remember, you were able to get that interview spot this year too). If you want to boost your odds, I would say use the next year or two getting more research/clinical experience, improving GRE scores or anything else that may have been a weakness in your application. if your application had no noticable weaknesses, I would say try again next year; I don't know that a masters is going to help you. And BTW, If the program doesn't tell you anything about stuff like credit transfers do not assume anything.
good luck!

I'm in the process of completing the MA at Yeshiva and I have to say, not only was it THE biggest waste of time and money (so much money!) but the faculty is totally unsupportive and unresponsive to students' needs. I was also "guaranteed" an interview for a PsyD or PhD program and while I did get an interview, the interviewer was totally unprofessional and inappropriate and I STILL have not heard anything back from them. I assume this means I am wait listed or rejected, but either way a professional institution would let their candidate know. So, my point is...SAVE YOURSELF!! Getting the masters will not do anything for you. Get more research experience!